ID:91750

Poll: Should me and my sister ( Wyrda ) make a BYOND Fable game?

Yes 34% (22)
No 14% (9)
Don't Know 6% (4)
Dont make Fable make an original RPG game 29% (19)
Never heard of Fable 15% (10)

Login to vote.

Me and my sister ( Wyrda ) have been planning to make a two-tiled BYOND Fable game, Similar to Fable One and Fable Two or should we make an original BYOND RPG game with all our own ideas.

This will take us quite awhile to make but we really want to make either of these please vote.

The two-tiled idea of ours will consist of a base we planned to use on our Bleach game ( Bleach Resolve ) but we scrapped it and are going to make an original one-tiled base instead.

If you go onto the the Bleach Resolve forums and take a look into the announcements section you will see a preview of the two-tiled base but its got Bleach icons added to it :P
Please comment with your thoughts :]
Well, as long as it's not a rip and it's great quality... Go for it.
But for a slight suggestion, try to stray away from actual Fable otherwise you'll hit limitations, as well as the game being classified as a Fan-Game.
The game will be coded from scratch so it wont be a rip, And how would we rip a two-tiled game when there isnt many on BYOND xD

We are also going to start from the first Fable then work our way up. So you will start in a town like in the first one then your family is killed then you join the academy.

We will obviously stray away from the Fable game by adding extra things from our own ideas. The game would end after you killed the dragon at the end otherwise ;P

Michael1234 wrote:
The game will be coded from scratch so it wont be a rip, And how would we rip a two-tiled game when there isnt man

No, what I'm saying is...
Don't just go and grab a source code like how Bleach Resolve is and change the base icon.
Make some original graphics or visit the Free Resources section of the Pixel Art society. And keep programming original as well, or at least use friendly libraries and not pre-made source codes that have horrible programming.
The last thing I'd like to see is an amazing idea and theory, but it uses the structure of a failed project.
We couldnt really steal a source and change the base.. All the turfs wouldnt really go with out two-tiled base. They would all end up too small.

We would have to start everything from scratch which would be amazing training for me and my sister to achieve ;p

Look, stealing a source doesn't always mean only stealing it's icons.
It also implies that the source contains other resources such as Code, Interface, and etc.
Exactly like how Bleach Resolve is.
You took the source, and changed up some icons and the map a bit and threw in some changes to the programming.

What I'm trying to say is, if you think you can handle taking on the pressures of making a Fable based game, make sure you do it right and keep everything (visuals, code, etc.) original.
Thus, you can give yourselves a pat on the back and say, "Hey, we did a great job. It's original, it's nice, it's clean and it's ours." instead of having countless of players go, "I see [insert another game's name here]'s icons." Or, "[insert another game's name here] has the same exact programming."

"We would have to start everything from scratch which would be amazing training for me and my sister to achieve ;p"

Exactly.
We will probably need some help coding the whole game, But we can sort that out once we have the whole idea of how we are going to do this game.

And i know we took the SoC source for our Bleach game but we admitted that and we also changed alot of things in it not just "changed the maps a bit" we totally re-did them, I did them myself.

But i get what you mean that we would have to do everything original which is what we plan to do.
If you need any help, I have some systems (demos/libraries) that are fairly interesting and might go along with the whole "RPG" feel.
We aint really planned the whole game system out yet its just an idea of a game we would really like to make for BYOND. We want to make our Bleach game original first then work on a 2nd game which would be Fable or an Original RPG with our own ideas/coding put into them.
Then sir, I shall yea+ this post.

;)
We also want to make the Fable game online which would mean having more than one player on the server and not single-player like the XBOX game. Would this work..

Could we add some sort of dueling system to make it more fun for the people to do?
Why not make a game like Fable rather than based on Fable? It would pretty much just be an action RPG no matter what content you have in it.

Fable doesn't have a very interesting universe anyway. You would be doing yourself a great disservice by making it a fangame.
SuperAntx wrote:
Fable doesn't have a very interesting universe anyway. You would be doing yourself a great disservice by making it a fangame.

What he said.

Ranch Jolly wrote:
Make one, don't rip one. http://www.byond.com/games/Michael1234/BR

Try reading previous comments, just a hint.
Ya know, in case you accidentally type pretty much the same exact thing as someone else.
Maximus_Alex2003 wrote:
Ranch Jolly wrote:
Make one, don't rip one. http://www.byond.com/games/Michael1234/BR

Try reading previous comments, just a hint.
Ya know, in case you accidentally type pretty much the same exact thing as someone else.

_<...
Lol, Probably trying to get known more on BYOND by posting on every single thing :P

Its obvious we are going to make it original would be stupid if we didnt. Bleach Resolve was our very first game to teach ourselves how to code and we have learned alot since we have started it.
You dont have to make a fake 2D 3D Ismoic Map,Rping is most likely Text-based you can make a free (as in all animes RP)RP Game,an RP game like Mitakadake high or an anime Based RP Game.

I would of help you if you want.
SuperAntx wrote:
Why not make a game like Fable rather than based on Fable? It would pretty much just be an action RPG no matter what content you have in it.

What you said is non sense.
Page: 1 2