ID:92019

Keywords: byond, development
A handful of people downloaded my Multiple Game Rooms library. That library is now hidden from the hub.

I am about to upload an update which changes the mgr_ prefix to the p_ prefix used throughout the parent People library. I think the standard will make the library easier to use, but it will also break any code using the current version.

Hopefully, performing a simple search and replace will be easy enough. Meanwhile, the library is only a few days old so the source should be fresh in the developers' minds.

I'll make the library visible again soon. (Possibly right after the update.) I just don't want to encourage anyone to use my code when I plan on breaking it.
It would be quite nice if we could generate deprecated warnings for these things. You'd probably keep the mgr_ prefixed interface and proxy it to your new p_ interface, just emitting a deprecated warning as you go. In your case it's not a big deal as it's a library in flux, but I can imagine there being trouble if you need to make big changes later on.