ID:921424

Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
I work with tabs expanded as spaces on Linux, and that provides an obvious problem if I want to modify something in the code on Windows -- Namely, I can't use the tab button, I'll have to space away manually.

It would be great if there was a little 'Expand tabs as spaces' option, in the Tabs option configuration. It would simply insert the number of spaces you've set, instead of a tab.
Just giving this a bit of a nudge. I've found myself preferring spaces over tabs when working in other languages, so I would definitely find this feature quite useful.
I'm a hardcore tabs guy, but I support this just for completeness.
I'm going to +1 this as well; being able to use spaces would also greatly improve the ability to share code e.g. on a webpage or in text-based chat where traditional tabs can royally muck up the formatting or get dropped entirely (Steam comes to mind)
Bump. It'd still be really nice to see this implemented, if only to patch up the inconsistencies of snippets on the forums using spaces whereas Dream Maker uses tabs. If you wanted to use any of the code from the Snippets Repository for example, you'd either have to manually convert the spaces to tabs or copy the code yourself in Dream Maker by hand. Otherwise your code will be littered with inconsistent indention.