ID:92156

Poll: Would you be satisfied with Turn Based Combat?

Yes 73% (34)
No 26% (12)

Login to vote.

Well, i've scrolled through a number of games over the years and I've never really seen a turn based system used when it comes to combat. Would you be satisfied with turn-based combat? For those who don't know what is turn-based combat it is basically taking turns battling such as in oldern GBA RPGs or I could refer to the Pokemon way of battling.
You've never seen a turn based combat game on BYOND? Isn't that how at least half of the games on BYOND RPG work?

If you're just "one of those people" who only plays anime games, you likely haven't seen a turn based combat system because someone hasn't leaked/stolen the source code for one yet.
SilkWizard wrote:
You've never seen a turn based combat game on BYOND? Isn't that how at least half of the games on BYOND RPG work?

If you're just "one of those people" who only plays anime games, you likely haven't seen a turn based combat system because someone hasn't leaked/stolen the source code for one yet.

I actually am addicted to the Action guild. I don't play much RPG games, I was asking on just a non-RPG game such as Pokemon. The same system as in a RPG game but just on a different styled game.

Troy1121 wrote:
I was asking on just a non-RPG game such as Pokemon. The same system as in a RPG game but just on a different styled game.

Pokemon is an RPG ;)

Any game that has a turn-based combat system is either an RPG, a strategy game, or rock-paper-scissors.
Or a Casual game.
Sounds good. I wouldn't mind a turn-based game. There's tons of ways a turn-based game could be done, such as Ultimatum in it's War-Time turn-based game that's amazing.

But I would like to see an interesting battle scenario for a turn-based game. Maybe even something like a Final Fantasy battle system. Sigrogana Legend has the perfect turn-based fighting system in my opinion. It's exactly what I'd want from a turn-based fighting game.
Magicbeast20 wrote:
Or a Casual game.

"Casual" is a rather vague description, and most games in it could be put in another category.
lol... nothing useful to add other than what silk said was funny.
Turn based games, Iunno. The only turn based game I've ever enjoyed was pokemanz.
Not many -good- games developed with DM use turn base, so it would be pretty good to do it and make something new-ish.
It would definitely add more of a diverse BYOND game. I'm just thinking would it fit into an anime, would it slow down the pace? I have a lot of questions on my mind, but hopefully it'll be answered when I do test in a few weeks.