Fantasie Productions wrote:
Thank you, so I simply log in and I can shut my computer down? How long will the server stay up? If i get the Gold Membership about how many players will it be able hold. Am I able to shut the server down myself? Am I able to upload new files to it incase of update?

The main servers will be up all the time. Depending on how stable your game is it is possible for your game to crash once a while. You can upload/update/shutdown your game anytime. You will have access to your account 24/7. Our Gold plan should have no problem holding 100+ players.
Flame Sage wrote:
I see nothing wrong with competition, it drives prices down and overall improves quality of service. Though I do kind of agree, it's kind of a dick move to post stuff on his blog. You have a blog Airjoe, use it! :)

I have no problem with competition, but advertising on someone else's blog shows being "desperate."

No hard feelings. I hope the best for everyone. If anyone wants to know more specif information on our service, how it works, or the specs of our hardware, I will be glad to let you know.
*shrug* It was a dick move but competition is just that, competition, if I was in the place of FP i'd be ecstatic that theres a cheaper alternative.

Competition only serves to better the competitors. Never should Zen take offence to a feeling of pressure but work to overcome it and produce a better product in the long run.

Competition between providers only serves to help the customer.

GO! Compete!
Im gona pay for the gold one soon
Kanak wrote:
Flame Sage wrote:
I see nothing wrong with competition, it drives prices down and overall improves quality of service. Though I do kind of agree, it's kind of a dick move to post stuff on his blog. You have a blog Airjoe, use it! :)

I have no problem with competition, but advertising on someone else's blog shows being "desperate."

No hard feelings. I hope the best for everyone. If anyone wants to know more specif information on our service, how it works, or the specs of our hardware, I will be glad to let you know.

Explain then please :)
What would you like to know?
Kanak wrote:
Our Gold plan should have no problem holding 100+ players.

If it's "unlimited" and all that jazz, shouldn't it be able to hold an almost unlimited amount of players? The only limitation is the RAM and I highly doubt that would be a problem with the number of players, at least not on a major level.
Kanak wrote:
What would you like to know?

How the PC's and hosting handling work on your side of zen hosting. How do you manage all that. like is it one pc or many other pc with one customer handling their games on it. and blah blah blah :P
I have one main server which has everyone's information. I manually manage the rest of the VPS to make sure everything s running correctly. Each VPS has 1-2 clients at most. (Depending on your hosting plan)
NathanXD wrote:
Kanak wrote:
Our Gold plan should have no problem holding 100+ players.

If it's "unlimited" and all that jazz, shouldn't it be able to hold an almost unlimited amount of players? The only limitation is the RAM and I highly doubt that would be a problem with the number of players, at least not on a major level.

Like I said before, it depends on how stable your game is and the amount of free RAM. The amount of players a game can handle on 1GB ram depends on the stability of the game. Most games with that much RAM would easily have no problem holding 100+ players.
Is it really necessary to attack this dude in this manner? I use ATP's service, and I fully advocate it as a host (I can't say for Zen as I've never used it), but man, you guys are really hounding this guy. I understand you may want the better for the BYOND community, but you don't have to get on this guy's jock to prove your point.

I commend Kanak's efforts to improve his service, and you all should too.
Trying to use Zen Hosting, and it's not really working.
It gave me access to an ftp and the use of a program for hosting a BYOND game.
However, the ports that were given to me to use are found unreachable by the BYOND hub. (Thus I cannot host.)
If this isn't resolved soon, then I am going to ask for a refund, since I'm not getting the service I paid for.
Then, my other choice is ATP.
They responded to my emails somewhat fast, and now it is working great!
hey , i already pay the server , still w8ting the contact ;)

Budokai Team wrote:
hey , i already pay the server , still w8ting the contact ;)

Same.
Hey guys
Hey, Dragonball Zen is back p. come on and join :D

http://www.byond.com/games/Kanak/DragonBallZen
Kanak i need a shell server can i buy a shell server from dbzenhosting
Kanak can you pls make a video that can teach us how to use your website dbzenhosting thanks for seeing this massage bye
Page: 1 2