ID:92529

Resolved
Hub entries with malformed paths confused the pager when trying to organize the My Hub menu, causing misbehavior including the possibility of a crash. (This could also apply to Dream Daemon if the entry was a game.)
BYOND Version:464
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium
Web Browser:Chrome 4.0.249.89
Applies to:BYOND Pager

This issue has been resolved.
Duplicates:id:93474
Descriptive Problem Summary:
I've had a few problems with version 464.1066:
First, the first time I start up the pager after installing, it opens fine. Then, after logging in, it goes not responding and crashes (I didn't see any options to find more details on the crash). Every time after that when I try to open the pager, it shows up in the tray for a short time and then disappears again. I've tried completely uninstalling and then reinstalling, but that doesn't seem to help. Dream Maker and Dream Seeker both work fine, but when clicking on the download link for a hub entry, I get a message saying that "BYOND.exe is not responding."

Also, some of the time (but not always) the installation doesn't seem to complete. I don't get any message at all, the installer just disappears before finishing.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Just install BYOND and run the pager.

Expected Results:
The pager will start up normally.

Actual Results:
It appears in the tray, and then disappears.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
463.1065 doesn't work either, however versions 463.1064 and earlier do.

Workarounds:
None.
I believe the problem you're experiencing may be due to a new feature that was introduced in the 1065 build, in which installed games, libraries, and demos are grouped into more organized menus. Since DD is not experiencing problems for you, the issue probably lies with one of your demos or libraries, or with the whole set of them (it could have more to do with their arrangement than any particular one).

What I'll need from you to fix this will be a copy of your cfg/MyHub.txt file, found in your user data directory. If you open the pager (I assume you're running 463.1064 right now) and go to File | Preferences | Advanced that will give you a button to open up that directory. Then just get a copy of cfg/MyHub.txt, and for good measure a copy of cfg/hub.txt would help too, zip those up and send them to me at [email protected]. With that information I can trace the logic error I believe is there. (Sending the raw file as an attachment might work too, but a zip form is best to make sure the email server doesn't mangle anything.)
I sent you the files you asked for, and it looks like you're right. I tried deleting them and the pager then ran fine. After copying them back, this bug appeared again.
There's a manual workaround you can use until the fix is live. The problem entry is WorldBuild.HrefRef., which has a trailing period and no title. The bug is actually twofold in that this is not being parsed into a proper title, and that in turn is aggravating a separate bug. Adding a title parameter to its entry in hub.txt may fix the problem, provided the hub doesn't update its information. If that doesn't work, your safest bet is to uninstall that library for now.