ID:92796

I am currently in the early phases of open testing and invite everyone to come and give it a try: Game.

Please report bugs.
I think you complicate the gam too much, and the game can't be enjoy as much as it you would want.
Games cluttered with too much junk.
AWESOME!!! Another Naruto game!!
Its not as complicated as it looks, trust me. Working on beginner tutorials to help move newbies through it.

Why is it that when a bit of a learning curve shows up on a BYOND game, people toss it aside right away?
QMarkReal wrote:
Its not as complicated as it looks, trust me. Working on beginner tutorials to help move newbies through it.

Why is it that when a bit of a learning curve shows up on a BYOND game, people toss it aside right away?

People don't wanna learn. It's obvious or you would learn to make a game without a learning curve.
Ss4toby wrote:
QMarkReal wrote:

People don't wanna learn. It's obvious or you would learn to make a game without a learning curve.

And I saw you logged in for like 5 seconds and logged out. Way to give it a chance.
QMarkReal wrote:
Ss4toby wrote:
QMarkReal wrote:

And I saw you logged in for like 5 seconds and logged out. Way to give it a chance.

I don't really care for anime games all that much.
Justsus, Combos, Elemental Learning, this game isnt made for just anyone. You created a game for people who don't wanna play but increase memory capacity. Might as well buy Brain Age.
These comments are really harsh and I doubt most of you have played for more than 5 minutes. I admit, I was pretty confused after creating, but once I finished the tutorial and tested things out for a good 10 minutes I was able to have fun and play.

I do have a few suggestions though, you should make hand-signs show their key as well as symbol on-screen too. Would make things easier than being forced to memorize the sequence.

And I don't see the point of choosing an element before using the jutsu, it seems the hand-signs are diverse enough to just use them and activate the jutsu. Changing element mid-battle poses problems if you want the combat to be fast paced.

The controls are pretty awkward too, you need to rework them entirely.
Problems so far.

Lack of direction is given. I login, and am given no objective, nor am I told what to do.

The interface is beyond horrible. It needs totally redesigning.
In addition, the screen is too clustered with stuff. It is impossible to read and very distracting.
Also, using a black cursor on black backgrounds is not a good idea.

Controls are terrible and unexplained.

You also need to explain stuff to people.
Having a learning curve is not bad, but having a steep learning curve and telling people nothing is.
These are all very well reasonable critique's. I'll work on redoing the controls, a newbie guide, explanation of the hud, change the color of the cursor.

Also, to the gentleman who commented on the battles being more fast paced. You can actually set more than 1 element per key. Thats what makes it more fast paced but I guess I didnt explain much if anything at all.
Ss4toby wrote:
QMarkReal wrote:
Ss4toby wrote:
QMarkReal wrote:

Ss4toby

Such a tryhard. You don't care for anime games yet you said the above. I also saw you on the forum of Naruto Koutei.

Stop being such a two faced loser, Kay? K

On a side note, I've played for a good 30 minutes. It's fun, But I don't like the interface and there is no real tutorial. D: Sowwy
Riku 123q wrote:
Ss4toby wrote:
QMarkReal wrote:
Ss4toby wrote:
QMarkReal wrote:

Ss4toby

Such a tryhard. You don't care for anime games yet you said the above. I also saw you on the forum of Naruto Koutei.

On a side note, I've played for a good 30 minutes. It's fun, But I don't like the interface and there is no real tutorial. D: Sowwy

He was being sarcastic o.o Wow LOL
Fantasie Productions wrote:
Riku 123q wrote:
Ss4toby wrote:
QMarkReal wrote:
Ss4toby wrote:
QMarkReal wrote:

Ss4toby

Which doesn't make any difference, because he still helped work on a naruto game in 2009.

So.."WOW lol u fail"
If I may offer some feedback. You can probably combat the learning curve a bit through interactive tutorials. A common failing on Anime fan-games on BYOND is to either have no complexity to explore at all, or have a fair bit and just expect people to read page after page of unstructured an ill-conceived guide. Most professional games will try to let me jump in without prior reading, by guiding me a bit on controls through an interactive tutorial.
It's really amazing, the only thing you have to worry about so much is the fact that you have over 21 different keys being used.

That's almost the whole alphabet. The game is AMAZING from what I see and it's exactly what I can see in a future perfect Naruto game, the only problem is that the controls need to be brought down a little. Overcomplicating the controls kinda brings down interest in a game, and a lot of games normally have low and easy to understand controls instead of a lot of different buttons.

Try not to go too hard on the buttons, other than that I saw no other problem then the black cursor. Looks amazing, keep it up!
Riku 123q wrote:
Fantasie Productions wrote:
Riku 123q wrote:
Ss4toby wrote:
QMarkReal wrote:
Ss4toby wrote:
QMarkReal wrote:

Ss4toby

Which doesn't make any difference, because he still helped work on a naruto game in 2009.

So.."WOW lol u fail"

When >.<? This is news to me XD. I might had, but I don't recall. I normally just help people at random.
Stephen001 wrote:
If I may offer some feedback. You can probably combat the learning curve a bit through interactive tutorials. A common failing on Anime fan-games on BYOND is to either have no complexity to explore at all, or have a fair bit and just expect people to read page after page of unstructured an ill-conceived guide. Most professional games will try to let me jump in without prior reading, by guiding me a bit on controls through an interactive tutorial.

Thats actually what I had in mind. Interactive tutorial will give enough of the basic controls and advanced controls. Thanks for the feedback though.

And the controls are being reworked so there is less keys.