ID:92944

I think some people need to know how to and what a review is, since I've been seeing a lot of horrible reviews lately. This will be an easy to understand short guide on reviews.

Originality
Originaliy is key when creating a game. You base the topic originality off of how original the game's aspects are such as Programming and Pixel Art. Originality is based off how diverse a game is and what does it bring to BYOND? If the game is a rip, how much as been modified? Is it easy to tell it is a rip? I've never seen it before but even if it is a rip I believe it can still get a 9/10 if it is truly taken effort and time, so don't base the originality off of whether it is a rip or not.

Gameplay
The gameplay is how the mechanics of the game works. How is the combat, storyline, etc? The gameplay is how efficient the game works and how many errors or bugs the game has. How attractive is the game? Does it have a tutorial?

Presentation
The Presentation is how the game is presented, does it lag often? When making a numerical grade for this be sure to include how much it lags, how helpful is the game, how helpful are the moderators/admins [if any], etc. Its community also affects the presentation, I doubt anyone wants to join a game with common spammers, or naything like that.

Overall/Average
This is the easy part of your review, all you do is add up all the three topics of the game and divide it by 3.

Definition[s] That Apply To Gaming
Reappraisal: a new appraisal or evaluation put to a different perspective without being biased.
An essay or article that gives a critical evaluation.

Remember
Reviews can be short but most be to the point. Biased reviews based on pleasure are a big mistake when posting. Consider the aspects of the game relating to the topics you are reviewing (Gameplay, Presentation, Originality). When reviewing it is best to add screenshots to the review to show how the game is presented. It hasn't been a problem but remember to make the name appropriate to what game you are reviewing.

How To's/Examples
You can take screenshots by clicking print screen in the game and Pasting it in Paint then saving it as JPEG or PNG. From there you can use the nifty thumbnail tool while posting the review.

You can create a review by selecting that type of post when you select [Add Post]. From there you can start your review.

Once you've graded every aspect of the game on a 1-10 scale you get an average by adding all the numbers and dividing by 3 to get an overall.

Example 1

Example 2

Example 3

Example 4

Note that this is still being worked/tweaked on and can be subject to change.