Casual Quest

by IainPeregrine
A fast paced, casual, multi player action game with a little RPG touch
ID:930096

Resolved
Fixed and improved in 1.35
BYOND Version:Any. It's a game problem. Duh.
Operating System:Poop
Web Browser:Firefox 14.0.1
Applies to:The bloody game.

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
The score system sucks. Iain was high or something when he programmed it. High scores get erased because the game doesn't like you. Viva la revolucion.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
3. Get high score.
7. Get high
12. Score
9. Why high scores no work!?

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
goto bathroom

Expected Results:
Seat down.

Actual Results:
Wet bottom.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Not very often. Only really late at night when I friggin tired.
In other games?
lol what?
In other user accounts?
Yeah, sure.
On other computers?
Why would I do that to a computer?
When does the problem NOT occur?
When I check before I sit down.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds:

Hahaha
I wasn't sure what to make of this post and am still operating under the assumption that something hinky is going on.
I can confirm this has been an issue for a while.
I can also confirm that this has been an issue for a while, but I haven't seen this issue arise in any other games. Very bizarre.

Dear Valued Customer(s),

We regret to hear that you have been experiencing performance issues with your product. Rest assured that we take great pride in providing quality products and excellent service, and do not take wet-bottoms lightly. We will investigate this claim as soon as possible. Once our team of highly-qualified investigators have identified the source of the problem, we will attempt to resolve it in an expedient fashion such that all parties are once again dry.

Until that time, we recommend that you avoid the bathroom, as your safety cannot be guaranteed.

Please note that although we are working diligently to solve this problem, Some Awesome LLC is not liable for any psychological damage(s) caused through, or arising out of, direct or indirect use of its product(s).

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Regards,

CQ Support?

Ehem, anyways, I'll look into it. Shouldn't be too hard to fix.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
I wasn't sure what to make of this post and am still operating under the assumption that something hinky is going on.

For clarity, I'm complaining about MY implementation of a score tracking system.

The hub score system functions as described in the reference.
In response to DarkCampainger
DarkCampainger wrote:
CQ Support?

My score system seriously sucks, if you do choose to take on this, feel free to rip it out and start from scratch. You don't even have to support all the features I tried to support. Do whatever you want.

And that's even if you want to work on it. You only came in to fix the unplayable issue - wash your hands and walk away now before you get roped into another time sink.
DarkCampainger resolved issue with message:
Fixed and improved in 1.35
The culprit looks like it was some debug code designed to clear out the scores. I removed it. I also took some time to redesign the score handling to be more resilient to hub connection issues.
In response to IainPeregrine
But without my time sinks, I run the risk of become rich and successful!

Joking aside, I'm more than happy to help out, and have plenty of free time while I look for a real job.