ID:93456

Got it used on Amazon for $14. I was just looking for CaC: Generals but Red Alert 2 was the bomb so why not pick up those two and 10 others. I hope it runs well on my laptop. Going to get the Contra007 mod for it.

Back in the day, my folks had CaC: Generals on the new computer. But I wasn't allowed to touch it because my dad runs IT for the city government and wasn't going to let me or my siblings mess up his set-up. So we played Red Alert on the older computer and snuck downstairs for a quick game of Generals when the folks were out. :D

I'm more of a Command and Conquer type over other RTS games. Blizzard's RTS games haven't really clicked with me. They're very good but I think it's the perspective and the interface. I'll pick Starcraft 1 & 2 up eventually when Starcraft 2 comes out.

So after 5.65G of installation, I'll have:
Red Alert 2 w/ Yuri's Revenge
Generals w/ Zero Hour

EDIT: Installed. The opening movie for Red Alert is worth the $14 right there. :D

I've played Spore on this laptop before and didn't really use the Windows XP side until I picked up with Byond again a few months ago. Now the Linux side is lonely. I can only hope I won't have to try and fix any slow-down problems that I'm anticipating.

---

Another ballin' RTS was Conquest: Frontier Wars. I played the hell out of that as the insect race. It was essentially Starcraft from the space and planet-dealing perspective. You had the Terrans, the Protoss-clones, and the Zerg-clones. I like the bio-organic option (I'll play Zerg in Starcraft or 'Nids in Warhammer 40K if I ever play them).

I got C:FW in a double-pack with Earth 2150, a futuristic land-based RTS. This was really noticeable for me because it let you research individual technologies and assemble them into custom units! However it crashed a lot on me with my old computer when I entered the create unit feature. I still have both the games (maybe lost the Earth 2150 disc) and I'll see if I can scrounge them up to install on the laptop.

I am a little squeamish about PC gaming because at least within a console you have all your system requirements right there. You don't have to go out and spend $$$ to play something like Crysis.