ID:935139

Keywords: cannot, game, submission
(See the best response by Alathon.)
I can't submit my game.

Any idea's on why?
I'm not seeing any games on your listing, that probably means your game was rejected previously and cannot be resubmitted. If you provide a direct link to it I can take a look and see if it was rejected for good reason or not.
http://byond.com/games/Asakuraboy/NarutoNinjaArts

I implore you to try the game before rejecting it :)
Why won't it be made public anyway? (I haven't looked into BYOND for a long time til recently)

Why not either give me the time to become competent in pixel art, or an artist who will actually do the work required?

This game is an accumulation of god knows how long.

Also, Axerob has given permission for the use of the nwots base icon. Give the game a go before judging please :)
A.T.H.K wrote:
It won't be public because it's a fan game that holds copywrited material ...

Which is illegal ...

To be clear, we do allow fangames to be publicly listed as fangames, as long as the copyright holder has not voiced any objection. It's our belief that most companies want to engage their fans positively and don't mind this sort of material as long as it's not eating into their revenue.

However, we do not list games that are rips. We list the original only.

So then I'm fine to have my game listed as a fan game?
In response to Asakuraboy
With graphics that are seen in another game, you might be in iffy territory. If it's more than just graphics, your game will almost certainly not be listed.
Your description alone says your game can't be listed.

"A great Naruto rip with many original features, Great mapping, Clan/Profession system! Elemental chakra & element fusion and even more!"
Might I point out, that Axerob(and team as far as I'm aware) has many times pointed out that anyone can use the nwots source that is/was available through Byond resources, and according to featured guidelines (I assume they're the same for listing the game at all) state that
The content of a featured game must belong to the game's developer or be used with the permission of the content's legal owner. No unauthorized fan creations are allowed.
It's the second bullet point, this means that the game is fine does it not?

I mean, legal owner of the base icon was the artist who made it, and then Axerob as leader of the project. Then it's the same for the 'arena code'.
Best response
I'm sorry to those whose comments I've just deleted. But you can continue on forever discussing the game and the features it has and why everyone thinks it should or should not be listed.

The most important comments in this thread are Lummox JR's. Generally speaking, BYOND does not feature games which are very similar to other existing games, especially not if they are directly based upon a leaked or released source-code. In this case, the fan-game aspect of the game doesn't even particularly matter.

I understand and apologize for the confusion about the submission guidelines; those are in the process of being revised, so as to help you get a clearer view of what is and isn't allowed and accepted.

Finally, I'd like to say this: The games that are listed, are done so because BYOND considers them front-page quality. Outdated hub descriptions, and aspects of a game that directly mirror those found in other games, because they happen to be based on the same source, is not something most people will find very appealing. And while it is not a popularity contest, it is expected that if you want to get a game listed, that you put effort into making it polished and ready for that. It is, after all, a very good opportunity to get your game broadcast to a lot of people.

I wish you the best of luck with the game, and with altering the things needed, if the game is to be listed on BYOND :) Keep in mind that you can always advertise outside of BYOND, being able to do so here is merely an extra perk that you can apply for under the right conditions!
Thank you :)

I take that it's fair to resubmit after sorting through the message left?
In response to Asakuraboy
If you're referring to the message I left on the hub's feedback, yes. I've reset your hub's status to incomplete so that you can resubmit it in the future.