ID:93537

Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Duplicates:id:106258, id:96451
Since 4.0, we've had to manually go through the files such as Icons and convert them from the old to the new 4.0.
I'm not sure if it would be much of an issue for ya'll, but how about a Convert All option located somewhere for those who wish to convert an older project into a BYOND 4.0 project?
Yes, it has been on my list for a while to provide access to a mass conversion utility. It's mostly an issue of providing a UI for it, but we could always just release a standalone EXE.
Does it actually make any difference o.O
Most of my icons are still in 3.x format
Actually it doesn't seem to matter all to much to me, and seems to make no difference at all, but it would be nice considering I don't want it to annoy me next time.

Likely it wouldn't matter & really it doesn't. Plus now anyways, most projects will already be 4.0 format now anyways, most likely this should now be used for when, if ever, that theyu change to yet another new format in the times to come for byond.

Anyways, an idea for UI is simple, if there's an icon that needs converting, then in one of the menus will show a Convert All Icons in this Project to 4.0 blah blah blah text, otherwise it will not show up, to remove clutter of stuff that would either be disabled or tell you, no icons need converted. A downside to not showing would be those who don't see it when looking will then probably ask about it before going to the project that needs it, so byond will have to figure out a good solution, either to not show it, and more people will ask about such an option because they failed to use the project that needed converted when they looked for the feature, have the option disabled/greyed out when not in a project that needs converted, or when they click it, it tells them nothing in the project needs converted.
Pretty sure this can be closed now, since--I think--the Dream Maker now prompts to convert all .dmi to the new standards.