ID:93621

Contra Mod for CaC:G: http://www.moddb.com/mods/contra

I used to really like the GLA and the Stealth general, but now that I've tried out China's Nuclear general I don't think I'll turn back. GLA's problem for me was that it lacked the penetrating power required to break through defenses. China's mined buildings really sucked for my Saboteurs and stealth ops.

In almost no time, I had USA's Laser General backed into a corner by bombarding their perimeter with Nuke Cannons overseen by Gatling-equipped Overlord tanks. Squads of the cheap tanks were sent out to destroy their satellite Supply Centers that had managed to spread. The game was over by then, I'd been flanking them with squads of 18 Red Guards at a time (2 Barracks can crank out a ton). The Red Guard units are nasty in flocks with Nuclear Ammo and Nationalism and can stand up to base defenses without problem.

I built the Nuclear Storm and waited out the 12 minutes. The enemy kept using that space-microwave on my base but didn't hit the nuke site. Meanwhile, I got to try out Death Hand artillery for the first time. It takes a long time to bring out Nuke General's finest units and the game was well over by then. The Nuclear Storm was pretty sweet.

I'll try to see if I can win a game against the Insane AI with just Barracks units.