ID:93765

Keywords: techtree

Hey, did you know that people stopped worshipping corpses?  It's true.  Last Robot Standing isn't the most popular featured game.  Castle isn't the most popular game outside of the featured list.  Someone actually suggested an original game to play in a forum thread and it was relatively new!

I lied.  April Fools!

Hey, did you hear that the Abra and the DDT members are coming back to continue updating their work?  It's true.  WildBlood will be updating Omnipotence as well.  Leftley will be outside of the guild with an update for Lode Wars, but it's okay because we'll have Dramstud.

Gotcha again.  Oh, I kill me.

Hey, did you hear that active developers are going to get more support?  People are going to wise up and love the ones they're with.

Hey, did you hear me loading my gun?

I missed this last week, but Devourer Of Souls is pondering what direction to take Witches' Chess in.  Suggestions are being accepted.  Mainly, I'd like to see the bugs that people have reported be fixed.  I'm not expecting a bunch of new additions.  I just want to solidify the game's place in the featured list. =)

EGUY made an effort to improve the interface of his tile-laying boardgame, Deus Rex, but it appears to have backfired.  Resizing the window can now result in controls being moved off the screen.  Details and pictures can be found in the game's discussion tab.  I'm going to hold off on adding Deus Rex to the featured list, but I imagine the problem is temporary.

Meanwhile, EGUY released an update to the demo for his RTS project, Templar.  He's still debating what direction he wants to take it in, but it looks like a niche BYOND could stand to have filled. =)

In a mere two progress reports, Acebloke has posted a boatload of fixes, changes and additions to his economic/military simulation, Wargames.  I imagine the new units and medals will get the most interest, but the interface changes should be handy as well.  Granted, this is coming from a newb.  Experienced players will probably be able to wrap their heads around the list better than me.  This is a game that was created towards the end of 2005 and still gets developer support.

Vexonator updated his authorized version of Kunark's tactical fantasy, Surreal Dreams.  There are bug fixes, balance changes, a new unit and a "special secret bonus" in the Wastelands map.  Interface improvements are expected next.

Of course, I'm probably more interested in the fact that Vexonator now has access to the game's hub page.  Those who download from it will be notified when there are updates and be able to install them automatically.  How convenient!  MUHUHAHAHA!

I'm not sure what the relationship is, but Kunaimaster saw fit to advertise Megablaze's fangame, Fire Emblem: Binding Road.  Players can play alone or with friends in 6 arenas and 2 maps.  Other than the multiplayer mode, Megablaze claims that he is trying to make it as close to the original series as possible.

I still lean towards the idea that strategy RPGs devolve into level grinding past the point where tactics matter...  And I'm still not going to convince any of you to buy me Makai Kingdom to prove otherwise, am I? ;)

Geldonyetich posted an interesting summary of the combat in Nexon's Mabinogi.  It's an MORPG, but he claims the system gets a lot of tactical sophistication out of 6 balanced options.  Meanwhile, the scripted pets are giving him ideas for his own projects.

Oh, and while trying to decide on a new setting for Project Shock, Geldonyetich revealed that his family is trying to kill him.

It appears the learning support program 12 Comics is looking to pay a programmer who can help create a trading card game based on super heroes created by students.  Examples and a character database can be found on the student site.  Naturally, there's also comics that I'm trying to resist distracting myself with as I type. =)

Okay.  D4RK3 54B3R is just toying with us.  When are we going to get some solid details on Belligerence?

I posted a mock-up of the cards in my cardgame of tunnel mining, Grim Prospects.  Then I redesigned them so a few of the details are outdated.  I simplified the combat, simplified the card effects and removed a mechanic that led to a runaway leader problem.  The game seems more solid, but I'm wondering if there's too little card variation.

I also posted a couple more interface tips.

Fooldom Come: One subscription. Many games.

There are new videos of Frozen Synapse and Squar. Gee, let's concentrate on a remake instead.

Got news? Richard Simmons is the voice of Natal.

I'm assuming that SD will be suitable for the Featured section once the interface update is finished?
Yup. Honestly, interface details are the main stumbling block for most games now. I've been commenting in Tech Tree because I rarely managed to give games any one-on-one time.

Remember that formatting the help file is part of it. Surreal Dreams uses centered text where it shouldn't. Breaking the file up might also be wise, but I suppose CSS could be used to make the divisions more obvious.

PS: "the" Abra? *sigh* In my defense, I was missing Supernatural at that point.
In all honesty, I am looking for someone to work with me on Belligerence (or really any project).

It doesn't matter to me what his or her specialization is so long as they're competent.
The good news is that I managed to move that treadmill indoors. Now, I can only blame myself, and not my family's subtly killing me by sabotaging my ability to get at it.
That's what she said?
Well played, EGuy, well played.
The more I read the intro the sadder it makes me. :|