ID:93982

My game development might take a hit, but Tech Tree appears safe for now.

I managed to hook up my old CRT. It's like looking at my computer through a fog. I'm glad the monitor still works after all of these years, but CRTs are not known for their brightness and I think this one was already growing dim.

My current resolution is 1280x1024. That's more than the 1024x728 I expected. I'm still trying to figure out whether the dimensions need to be stretched or shrunk in the monitor settings. Either way, I miss my wide screen. I've grown rather used to working in multiple windows at the same time.

Thank you for the donation, DarkCampainger. I'm going to hold off on spending it until I get some more research done. It's hard to find much information on reliability. Meanwhile, I'm trying to figure out how badly I need an HDMI port. (I just lost my only HD-ready device.)
...Did I mention that the CRT has a rounded screen? I never noticed how bad it was until I had the LCD. Damn you, greener grass!
A good LCD display is nice to have, although it's hard to get one that lasts a real long time. I've been doing pretty good with this LG Flatron - perhaps a high contrast ratio is a hint the monitor will last awhile.
A rounded screen? Do you mean pincushion? You should be able to fix that in the settings.
I mean the glass is like a fish bowl. It's old. Flat screens were not much of an option back then.
Ah, the glass is physically rounded, right. There are some "flatscreen" CRTs, but I actually prefer the regular rounded ones.
This is why I have a two LCD monitor display on my computer. If the eventuality of one failing comes to pass, I can always switch back to a single monitor display. Which now that I've become accustomed to two monitors would probably suck, a lot. ... Hmm... Time to look into three monitors.

PS: Check your Email Mr. Wraith.
Thank you, Tiberath. =)