ID:94036

BYOND Version:464
Operating System:Windows XP Home
Web Browser:Chrome 4.1.249.1045
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue may be low priority or very difficult to fix, and has been put on the back burner for the time being.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Interestingly, Dream Daemon treats a color as alpha in the interface.Where as while you view only via Dream Seeker it does not.

On searching the special color's rgb happens to be (192,192,192).

Well I don't know to which I put the blame on but since it happens only while hosting in DD, I put it on DD.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1.In the interface define a pane/window
2.Set the background of the pane to any distinguishable color
3.Set the image to an image containing the color(R=192,B=192,G=192).
4.Run it through DD.(host and play)
Expected Results:
The Image to be perfect and no spaces between them.
Actual Results:
All the areas containing the specified color as the color of the background of the pane.
Does the problem occur:
Everytime

When does the problem NOT occur?
Playing Directly without hosting in DD.

Workarounds:
Dont have an image that has that color! :(

I am sorry for using a too large image, hope you dont mind. ;)
The problem would seem to be related to whether you're usig the game's .rsc directly or need the resource files delivered to you. However I think I'll need a small demo project to see this in action.

My guess is that the reason you're having this particular issue is that the image is a .bmp file, and it's probably undergoing a conversion process when it's sent to DS. If this is the case, try converting it to a .png (you'll need to use a utility to do that, not just rename it) to see if that's a valid workaround.
I am using game.rsc. Your guess is right, png works perfect.Here's Demo.

Surprisingly in the demo, the interface also did show the same error while building.(it did first and then it doesn't)