ID:940904

Resolved
Seems to expand the viewport correctly, in this case.
BYOND Version:497
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate
Web Browser:Chrome 21.0.1180.79
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
If you set an object to be shown on the client.screen, if the object is, in this case a 96x96 dimensioned object, then if any part of that object exceeds the boundaries of the screen, there is a very high chance (50/50) that dreamseeker will immediately crash.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Create an object, set the icon to the object to something with a larger than 32x32 size, set the screen_loc of the object to a boundary of the client screen such that the icon clips that boundary.

Expected Results:
In an inventory system, objects such as weapons or armor have a 64x64 or 96x96 dimension for the purpose of overlays, the hud graphic is an icon state which only uses the bottom 32x32 pixels of the icon. The workaround is very easy, all you have to do is use a separate icon file for the hud graphic, but it is inconvenient.
Actual Results:
Dreamseeker crashes.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Most of the time, sometimes dreamseeker will lock up for a split second and resume, but it will definitively crash after a couple of exceptions.

In other games?
Unknown. This is a game I am developing.
In other user accounts?
Yes.
On other computers?
Not tested, but likely.

When does the problem NOT occur?
When the icon size does not exceed 32x32.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked?
I do not believe so.
(Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds:
Use standard icon sizes for inventory graphics or ensure that there is no chance that the graphic could even partially exceed the client screen boundaries.
I could swear I've tested this with bigger icons but I'll run through this when I get a chance.
Stephen001 resolved issue with message:
Seems to expand the viewport correctly, in this case.