ID:94158

Ok, I haven't been having too much luck with pixel artists consistently on the game. And mainly because I have been lacking on my contracting. Currently I am looking for someone who understands that they must match the current style of the art in the game.

Job Entitles:
- $125 or more a month, depending on your skill level.
- At least 25 icons per month completed. That's a minimum of 5 dollars per icon.

At this point I am desperate for good quality work.

AIM: rfrfreek
MSN: [email protected]

Screen Shot of current style:
I will get in contact with you.
I'm interested, but have questions concerning the contract. Page me.
Too late guys... Egor decided to apply :P
And that is?
You'd be better off starting over then getting people to match that "style". No offense but if you paid for the stuff in that screenshot, I feel bad for you.
SpikeNeedle wrote:
You'd be better off starting over then getting people to match that "style". No offense but if you paid for the stuff in that screenshot, I feel bad for you.

Only paid for the base on that picture. But thanks for the trolling.
QMarkReal wrote:
SpikeNeedle wrote:

that's not trolling, bub
Zaole wrote:
QMarkReal wrote:
SpikeNeedle wrote:

that's not trolling, bub

Yeah, your right. Its just nonconstructive criticism. My apologies.
It's actually quite constructive for criticism.
The quality of the graphics in that screenshot are well not worth anything over $0.01 per state.
The turfs tile too badly. The base icon is an eyesore. The letters/numbers are hardly readable.

Very amateurish work, that shouldn't be mimicked whatsoever.
I like the base and its style but I dislike turfs.
Maximus_Alex2003 wrote:
The quality of the graphics in that screenshot are well not worth anything over $0.01 per state.
The turfs tile too badly. The base icon is an eyesore. The letters/numbers are hardly readable.

I actually made the base, And there is nothing wrong with it, if this is your attempt at C&C please quit.

Not a clue who made everything else though...
Maximus_Alex2003 wrote:

Again, thats nonconstructive criticism. Hypercriticism. Nothing more. Nothing less. Explain what makes it bad quality of graphics as opposed to say its not worth any value. I can appreciate the comment on the letters/numbers and tiling but you would really have to have poor eyesight to not be able to make it out.

BTW, the turfs were made by Chris-g1 as was the base.

And just by a little detective work, why are you calling chris-g1 amateurish? Alex_2003's Work
Actually just the dirt tile :)
Who the fuck cares what dirt looks like.

Rugg wrote:
Who the fuck cares what dirt looks like.

Run along rugg, just run along.
I'll GOA run along.

Also the icons arent good at all. Don't pay too much.
Gentlemen, ignore Rugg and continue your business. Considering he has neither a conceptual idea of "goodness" or "value" when it comes to <s>art</s> anything (thats right, he's playing GOA).
Thats not actually what I was referencing when I said "GOA run".

It's an inside joke with the DBO2 community in which I commented how I liked the running in the game during closed tested because it was similar to Masterdans (GOA). At the time I forgot that the DBO2 team had a stern hatred for Masterdan and anything he produces. Needless to say, no, I'm not currently playing the game. I appreciate your efforts.

I wouldn't talk about value of art, Hulio-g.

http://www.byond.com/members/ Bandwagon?command=view_post&post=91394

Over and out.

Telling you that you're currently wasting your money is quite constructive, because it's your money and you should spend it wisely. Obviously you're not going to force the pixel artist to change overnight, you're the one PAYING for it. You should just get a better one, there's not much you can "criticize" seeing as how you're not even the original author of the icons and wouldn't be able to use the advice.

QMarkReal wrote:
Again, thats nonconstructive criticism. Hypercriticism. Nothing more. Nothing less. Explain what makes it bad quality of graphics as opposed to say its not worth any value. I can appreciate the comment on the letters/numbers and tiling but you would really have to have poor eyesight to not be able to make it out.

BTW, the turfs were made by Chris-g1 as was the base.

And just by a little detective work, why are you calling chris-g1 amateurish? Alex_2003's Work

He may do okay work for HIMSELF, but it doesn't look like he's putting that much effort for you. [Honestly that screenshot is quite amateurish actually.]
Page: 1 2