ID:94196

Keywords: byond
Could someone tell me why people are generally interested in Byond? Or why developers bother with it? Or anything like this?
Because I like the language. I find it easy to map my ideas into it, and I find it easy to read.

Plus, I've been here a fair while, and have developed something of an attachement to the place.
Jp wrote:
Because I like the language.

Same.

I find it easy to map my ideas into it

Same.

and I find it easy to read.

Same.

Plus, I've been here a fair while

Same.

and have developed something of an attachement to the place.

Same.

All that, and I'm like, wicked cool 'round these parts.
@Tibs

Lawl
I'm here because Tiberath's here.
But, besides that point, I'm still here at BYOND because I have yet to actually complete a game and BYOND is potentially my best step towards video game production since that's a career I've wanted for a while now.
There's more to it but I'm sleepy.
Hmmm, the people who actually posted on here suprised me, i thought i was gonna get supah trolled xD

Is a nice suprise
I like BYOND for the same reasons as JP. I also enjoy the 'instant' community you gain once you release a game.
Lige wrote:
Asakuraboy wrote:
Hmmm, the people who actually posted on here suprised me, i thought i was gonna get supah trolled xD

Is a nice suprise

If you want, I can try to troll, but I gotta be honest, I suck at it. I'm worse than those posers who can't skate, but tend to carry skateboards.

Is that possible? D:
Maximus_Alex2003 wrote:
But, besides that point, I'm still here at BYOND because I have yet to actually complete a game and BYOND is potentially my best step towards video game production since that's a career I've wanted for a while now.

This, and what Tib said.
Pmitch wrote:
Maximus_Alex2003 wrote:

This, and what Tib said.

But Tib's wasn't sleepy, even though he should've been ;]
I'm looking for the love of my life, and I've chosen BYOND as my base camp for this search.
Mikau wrote:
I'm looking for the love of my life, and I've chosen BYOND as my base camp for this search.

I wish you luck in this merry-making happening of yours. xD
Calus CoRPS wrote:
I like BYOND for the same reasons as JP. I also enjoy the 'instant' community you gain once you release a game.

I like the instant "Your game is a rip!" once you announce you're making a game!
Byond is a Funny story.
Goku super sayian 4 wrote:
Byond is a Funny story.

+Yea xD
People like BYOND because it's easy and all of the games are made by gamers just like us. While a lot of games suck, there are a great amount of games that we all play and love to play. The team at BYOND has created one of the only programs that people can play a game, then say to themselves, "You know, I can make a game just like that, except better!" While that theory fails a lot of the time, some games do come out better than the game that gave the inspiration for it.
Touche
Gochels wrote:
Touche

mob/JoEn00b
verb
winner()
set category = "n00b"
set name = "I Win!"
winner = 1
world << "JoEn00b Wins!"
Goku super sayian 4 wrote:
Byond is a Funny story.

wow, i could try all day to sum up why I am on byond. But this put it perfectly lol.
At first I came here because a friend suggested a Pokemon game back when I was into Pokemon a lot. Sure, the game itself generally was poorly coded and ripped Nintendo's sprites, but it was the community that made it the best game ever, and caused me to stay. However, soon after, I got addicted to another BYOND game, and got absorbed into its community, and then that happened again, and I play the game I always play right now. It's all about community! A lot of people on BYOND are trolls, but sometimes you may just find the Holy Grail in the shittiest of programmed games.