Digimon Re:RPG

by FallenZ
A fun Digimon experience.
ID:942831

Dear fellow Digimon RPG fans,

Its been some time since I ever touched this game's page. I'm aware that my disappearance disappointed several if not all of my supporters, and with this post you may be thinking that I've returned to reopen Digimon RPG. Unfortunately, I'm not. For the Senior BYOND members, you may have read this common message several times, where the owner of a certain game has just been bitten by the large shark we call "Life" and must say goodbye to their creation and step into the future. Well this is me saying that I can no longer continue this game (Yes I know I'm late). You see, I've just graduated High School and I'm about to begin college, hoping to pursue a degree in software developing, computer programming, or mechanical engineering (The typical nerd list, but in all honesty, I'm not that smart, shocking I know :P) I know a lot of you are hoping I would transfer my host files to a dedicated fan, but unfortunately the files are no longer in my possession (or exist for that matter). My old laptop in which I created the game was wiped of several of my files including all of my BYOND folders. Funny because my teacher always told me "Blessings to those who back up their files". I now own a Macbook and will be using it mainly for school and my several media creations (Music/Graphics) and BYOND doesn't allow me to play BYOND games on a Mac, I can only create a game. But even with that, I do not believe that I will have the time to completely remake the game from scratch, as I had plans of revamping the map, making the game isometric, and extending the Digimon list. Digimon RPG was the first game I ever created and I put my heart into it. My only wishes were to better the game as much as I could, even though it was pretty buggy. But I feel that BYOND is very limiting, despite the fact that I never came close to using its full potential. I made the game to allow non-Korean Digimon fans to enjoy a "lite" version of Korean Digimon Masters Online owned by Digitalic. Lately I've been playing a lot of Digimon Masters Online owned my Joymax (terrible company by the way). From the very moment Joymax screwed up with the drop cap I was waiting for someone to rip the game and make a private emulator(server) to allow nostalgic fans to play the game to its full extent. Well, it still hasn't happened yet. But maybe if someone had the drive I had to remake a game with a different set of rules maybe those fans can finally play the game to their hearts content. And who knows, if I ever decide to learn C++ I just may take that position as the guy who completed the first ever Digimon Masters Online private server. Guess thats it...you all were a wonderful community. Thanks for making my first game a good one.

Sincerely, the guy who brought Digimon Masters to BYOND.
a.k.a. Drune