ID:94323

Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
I'm been playing a lot with Dream Maker, making various isometric maps, and it constantly annoys me that i cannot rotate my map as i work on it. When i am juggling 4-5 differant icon heights, it can easily result in a tile being missed that I would otherwise see if I could rotate the map as i built it.

I realize that i can launch my map and use commands to rotate it, but that is a very time consuming way to find the "holes" in a map, especially large ones such as those I am working with.

So please, add a mechanic to the Dream Maker Map Editor to allow the map to be rotated while editing.
This is a great idea, I'm not working on a Iso project at the moment but if I was I could very much see this being a huge problem.
I also think this is a great idea, and I'm also not working on a Iso project at the moment but if I was I could very much see this being a huge problem.
This feature isn't trivial to add, but I agree on its importance and it's not so difficult as to warrant putting it on the back burner for very long.
This is something that could greatly assist me as well, as my GSDC deals with large isometric maps with varying object heights.
Would still like to see this implemented.
I'm not sure if it'd be sufficient, but maybe it'd be easier to have a display mode that shows only the base, non-overlapping diamond part of each isometric icon. It doesn't quite give you the same view as being able to rotate the display, but it seems like it'd be easier to implement and it still shows you where you have holes in the map.

I was going to say this has been requested before, but #3113 is much newer than this request.