ID:94336

Keywords: techtree

Congratulations to NakaTeleeli on his second anniversary of posting Let's Play videos.  I don't know how long the informative voice commentary is going to last.  The recent combination of a mainstream game and a Touhou/Earthbound fangame didn't thrill me.  However, I remain a fan.  (BTW, Naka is also running the Super Metroid Bossless Item Competition on the Super LP Bros forum.)

Farewell to K80Blog as she leaves the movie review group, TheRoughCuts.  She got me started on the channel and I have been enjoying the more informative offerings ever since.  (Sundays with Schatze78 rule.)  Try to watch the Troll 2 exploration, Best Worst Movie.  Katie spent 4 years of her life on it.  She won't make any money off of your views directly, but it could help her find work.

EGUY is looking for people to host servers of his tile-laying boardgame, Deus Rex.  He would like to test the multiplayer support and is unable to host on his own.

After I offered some feedback on the interface, EGUY revealed that an update was already on the way.  I just downloaded it.  The changes were all implemented.  (The 11x11 map size label could stand to be wider, but whatever.)  Updates are what I like to see when the guild features an unfinished project.  I've set some games on the pedestal just in time watch their development slow to a halt, but I'm not regretting this one. =)

Meanwhile, EGUY has been extending some of the graphical experiments he began with the demo for his squad-based RTS, Templar.

Despite the power of mentioning M.U.L.E. and Dwarf Fortress in the same sentence, Geldonyetich didn't quite manage to get his untitled game of colony management playable in a week.  However, he's not giving up.  He's added Leftley's Lode Wars to his list of inspirations.

Gamemakingdude has announced that he will be entering IainPeregrine's Get Something Done Challenge with an untitled space tycoon game.  There's some question as to whether its creation date makes it an invalid entry.  Either way, I hoping that fleet management and goals make it more strategic than the space exploration game I just turned away.

XnathanielX announced that he is working on a fangame called Final Fantasy Tactics Byond: Ruby Shards.  The focus appears to be on the RPG side rather than the strategy.  Of course, that's common for so-called "strategy" RPGs.  Go ahead and buy me Sakura Wars: So Long My Love to try and prove me wrong.

...I'm still curious about Makai Kingdom, but I might as well aim for the more expensive one. ;)

F0lak is investigating how to create an RTS mini-map.  I'm guessing that this is related to his previous interest in extending the world of his RPG, Hazordhu.  I'm also guessing that my pride in finding that reference in an old Tech Tree column is unfounded. I could have just looked on the second page of his blog.

I was worried that I wasn't going to get much work done on my card battle over mining rights, Grim Prospects.  Finishing the infrastructure always takes me longer than expected.  There's no good reason for it.  I built the libraries.  I know they work.  I know how to unite them.  However, the short wait before I get to implement anything new is just intimidating enough to make me procrastinate.

I finished that yesterday.  I settled last week's design problem by separating tunnels from their owners so it's easier for the AI to take over.  I even created banners for the hub page.  Now, I can finally work on the game logic. =)

Fooldom Come: One subscription. Many games.

Over the past few weeks, I've become addicted to StarCraft II match commentaries. In the process, I've subscribed to the YouTube channels of HDStarcraft and HuskyStarcraft. (I'm a Facebook fan as well.) They're currently holding a tournament that I can't wait to watch. I'm posting this informative video below, but do yourself a favor and watch some matches.

I didn't know you were a fan of Starcraft. Have you heard about the betting scandal going on in South Korea?
No, I've only really started getting into it over the past few weeks with the StarCraft II beta commentaries. I've watched a few matches of the original StarCraft, but I never kept up with the news. I'm mainly watching whatever gets shoved in my face.
http://www.teamliquid.net/

That's a great site if you want to start watching Starcraft commentary. Livecasts are streamed here.

[Edit]
It's going live at 7:05pm, about 10 minutes from now.
You'll notice on the side of my blog, i put up a list of things you may expect to be put into my Space tycoon game.
Blizzard just flips a bit on accounts which are given beta access, the keys are just for friend invites. That video is either a joke or the guy didn't really lose his key.