ID:94554

Resolved
200% and 400% zoom options have been added to the map editor.
Applies to:Dream Maker

This issue has been resolved.
So far we have normal 100% and a 50% zoom size. Great for looking out over large areas. Now if we could look closer. I suggest a 150% view. Some projects use small icons, or a small icon scale.
I second this I suggest a 200% view and 25% view as well and a 75% view this would help a lot so the suggestions are,

150%,200%,50%,25%,75% these would be good sizes to help games look nicer.
He's talking about map editor zoom, Ryuk, not map screen zoom.

I do support this feature request, though I think that map editor rotation (See Cuddlebear's feature suggestion) is more important
Yes, referring to the map editor on Dream Maker.
There's also still the issue of the sharpening filter added when using 50% zoom. :(
The Map Editor needs variable zooming mapped to your mouse's scroll wheel.
This is a pretty straightforward request: the addition of a 200% zoom option to the map editor would be very helpful. Right now it's difficult to edit maps that use small tilesets (such as 16x16).

Something along these lines was requested before, but all that I'm really hoping for is a simple 200% zoom specifically to make editing 16x16 maps viable without a ton of eye strain.
In response to Silk Games
All of my projects work with world.icon_size = 16 so this is something I'd definitely love to see.
+1
I agree!
++
Being someone that only uses 16x16 tiles, I support this completely.
This is definitely one of the improvements the DM map editor needs, and I'd say this one is simple and probably the most important one. All the replies here and older console games each prove that.
Game Maker's map editor has a variable zoom tied to your scroll wheel. It's kinda strange that one awesome feature would be in there while the tile selection process is quite atrocious.
I support this entirely. 16x16 is all I use.
Supporting this.
+1

bow down before this
Bumping this because I just saw what a 16x16 map looks like in DM, and I must say that anyone using that size Needs this asap.
Why is it great features hardly get a response from Lummox or Tombut if it's a feature which can be argued it gets posts from Lummox or Tom...
It just so happens I was looking into this yesterday. There are plenty of great feature suggestions so we just have to pick and choose what we can do (sometimes by demand, sometimes by what is easiest for us).
Page: 1 2 3 4