In response to Silk Games
You can get pixel perfect scaling at any integer scale, not just powers of two.

Actually not true. There's currently a BYOND bug that causes certain hardware configurations to slip into linear interpolation.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
You can get pixel perfect scaling at any integer scale, not just powers of two.

Actually not true. There's currently a BYOND bug that causes certain hardware configurations to slip into linear interpolation.

I don't think that's a BYOND bug; I think it's a bug in those drivers. Although I'm not sure which you're referring to, exactly. Software rendering in DS and the map editor (the map editor doesn't use DirectX) is setting the stretch mode to HALFTONE which is basically linear rather than nearest-neighbor, so for those two it's deliberate. DirectX seems to do whatever the driver wants for its upscaling, and we have zero control over it.

There's a feature request in id:1388769 regarding the upscaling mode in hardware rendering, but I have yet to find any info at all on how to control that in a way that's compatible with our setup.

When working with small tiles or art, such as 8X8 or 16X16, the map and the tiles in the side bar start to get hard to see.

I noticed there's a 'zoom' option but it's only 50% and 100%, would it be at all possible to get some more option on that like 150% and 200%?
This is still on my to-do list. I've just been buried with other stuff, but I know mappers are really looking forward to this change.
Please 2x zoom, 4x zoom, 8x zoom.
also think about adding 25% please, i would love that!
A simple request that probably a lot of people would want to do. More zoom options would map it so much easier to work with 16x16 tilesets.

This feature has been requested for, but wasn't brought into the light it needs.
I currently use a high DPI display. With the rest of DM, I can use the windows scaling feature and it looks great, but the map editor can be kind of tiny when I'm working with 16x16 icons -- which I am. Ideally, I'd like the option to zoom in 200%.
Can I get a bump, yo?

1080p with 8x8 icon_size is so much fun to work with /s

Even just 200% and integers of 2 would be fine.

Please for the love of god add x2 zoom for 16x16 sprites, the map is just so hard to modify q.q
As it stands, the map editor only support 100% and 50% zoom. This makes it difficult to work with smaller graphics (16x16). More options, like 150% zoom or just allowing people just adjust the value period would be extremely helpful.
Hello, GalionKnight. This request was made before, so I attached your request to the existing thread :)
I know this isn't super easy to do, but you know 1st post was written at Apr 22 2010, 12:15 and now we have 13.03.2016 (6 years) and this is still only feature request.
With the whole big icon error fixed, this might actually be the new top dog in terms of things requested for the longest time. I tend to try to avoid using 16x16, even if it's a better choice, primarily because of not having this yet.

So while I'm sure it's much harder than it looks to get done, I really hope the paths been made easier recently, and that we can get this some time in 2016.
In response to Lummox JR
Please god make it a priority. Dream Maker has really aged and doesn't get the attention we need. This is my #1 feature and I just came here to beg for it.

My eyes kill me when mapping. The best option is to lower my resolution and deal with everything else being screwed up.
Bumping this again. I would really like to see 200% zoom for the map editor in Dream Maker.
This is on my list to look at for 511.
We can has zoom.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
We can has zoom.

/o/ we now are has zoom
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
200% and 400% zoom options have been added to the map editor.
Page: 1 2 3 4