In response to Calus CoRPS
Awesome! Glad the results are coming in quickly, I'm excited to see each judges summaries. (:
Whoo! Congrats everyone!
Great job everyone!

Calus CoRPS wrote:
Albro1 gets third place and receives an additional 3 points to his overall score!

Based off the original post, I thought that third place was going to receive four points. Typo?
In response to Higoten
Higoten wrote:
Based off the original post, I thought that third place was going to receive four points. Typo?

Great catch, Higoten. No matter how many times I read over that post, I still made a mistake.
After reading over something 3 or 4 times, the brain automatically starts reading it the way it's supposed to be and not the way it actually is.

At least that's what my 10th grade teacher told me.
I'm a call it say congrats to the winners which should be the same that got picked for developers choice. Thank you Oasiscircle and others for the chance to practice and improve making a game within 2 week time frame, was fun.
The results are in and the winners are:

First Place: Bravo1
Second Place: Higoten
Third Place: Albro1

Calus CoRPS' write-up:
http://files.byondhome.com/CalusCoRPS/gi2wreviewbycalus.doc

Makeii's write-up:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14221897/files/gi2w_judging.txt

The way we scored differed, but we essentially had everyone placed the same. Once again, thanks for participating and I enjoyed playing your entries. I hope you all had fun!
Yut Put wrote:
lol, those were the only moderately decent entries in the whole contest. wooo

Excellent post, would read again.
Moderate is a strong word.
Congratulations to all the winners and thanks to everyone that made this contest possible! It's good to see people still trying to keep activity going in the community. :)
My response to the announcement

Edit: The best part about the reviews: All of the negative factors were things I changed recently, except for the blocky world/character thing. Those will stay for a while until I can dedicate some time to the turfs and player icon.

I'm extremely happy with the game so far and intend to continue its development, hopefully including multiplayer as well. I would have done the same with my GiaW entry if it A: didn't do so poorly and B: didn't remind everyone of OTHER games. Since this one seems to give of a vibe of originality (I guess) I'll keep working on it an hopefully make it much bigger and better.

Thank you guys so much for having this competition, it means a lot for me as life has not been kind in several ways so I'm glad to have gotten another chance to prove myself.

I do apologize for the lack of content in the game though, I know I won, but I could've done more, and for that I'm gonna take the day off of work tomorrow (basically using my winnings to pay for the day off) and I'm going to crank out a ton of content for the game over the course of the free time.

First off, I already got rid of the unseen platforms by raising them up more, bu I also increased the gap do counteract the drop in difficulty, so time the jumps better.

I think for now I'll work on the main menu though: I wanted to do a lot with it, and give a bit of backstory to the game via the title screen, but I was strained for time so I slapped it together, hastily adding the last few controls in (I'm very sorry for using input and alert).

Anyways I think I've been long winded enough on this so once again, thank you guys and expect to see much more form this game!

tl;dr You guys rock, thanks for this, gonna make the game more awesome as a thank you.
I distinctly remember Tom saying that the Flash client will have somewhat customizable alert() and input() popups. Sure, they're horrible now, but they might just have a purpose in the future.
In response to Kaiochao
Kaiochao wrote:
I distinctly remember Tom saying that the Flash client will have somewhat customizable alert() and input() popups. Sure, they're horrible now, but they might just have a purpose in the future.

Honestly, I've been planning to use screen objects to get around that. I can't help but feel that anything worth putting up in flash really ought to use ONLY a map element. Especially now that we have maptext.
Sounds great, Bravo1!

I really did enjoy your game, even though it was short. I am a huge fan of co-op games and will certainly follow future updates.

Does anybody else plan on continuing their project?
I'm now that I don't need to keep it 320pix
Congratulations Bravo1 and Albro1!

The judges reviews were very accurate and nicely detailed. Thanks Makeii and Calus CoRPS!

Good luck to all the participants who entered/attempted an entry and plan on continuing with it.

And thank you to all the community supporters who make events like theses possible!

The next step for my entry is to work in a multiplier mode, among other various improvements.

Nice job everyone.
Calus CoRPS wrote:
Sounds great, Bravo1!

I really did enjoy your game, even though it was short. I am a huge fan of co-op games and will certainly follow future updates.

I am. I slowed down after I decided to drop out, and am refining it for a demo release by this weekend, hopefully.
Calus CoRPS wrote:

I am, once Mechanios reappears. Unfortunately, Gooseheaded has taken on another project, a paid commission, so he will not be working with us anymore.
Calus CoRPS wrote:

I'm working on finishing mine and releasing it. Zane was talking about two person co-op, we'll see about that.
Higoten by Shifters < Typo in Calus's write up lol.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17