ID:94698

Hello, since the last post Elander has been updated significantly. Turf graphics have been overhauled, and the map is full of scenery and immersion:

Building is a Crypt where players can enter and fight undead.

The graveyard tileset is finished and i'm in the process of making a sea port.

Players can make use of the fallen tree's and logs by creating small fires. Players can use fires to cook food.

Another neat addition is what I haven't seen on BYOND are birds. Just simple birds that fly around. In that above screenshot you can see 3 birds, one flying towards the player, one flying north, and a bird flying northeast. This scenery update lets players feel the realism of the game and immersion it provides.

Combat has also taken a turn. The combat is no longer turn-based, further continue of turn-based combat would have lead to boring grinding. Now combat is similar to the fighting on Raid.

Me getting triple-teamed.

The map is still incomplete so expect to see some bland areas such as in the screenie above.

AI is fairly advanced compared to Raid. It's very easy for me to create new types of attack moves for enemies making it funner and more of a challenge in combat. See above as the 2 enemies charging at me while the archer stays back and fires arrows.

Thats all for now. Keep an eye out for future posts. Visit the Hub
Looks pretty awesome
http://bit.ly/bT6DvB