ID:95422

So my eldest brother and I have made an interesting wager. The reward of which is paid out by our middle brother, so there's nothing to lose and everything to gain.

The bet is simple: First one to quit smoking gets $50.00 from our middle brother.

Unfortunately, he got the jump on me and applied a nicotine patch last night, and thus, he's only had five or six today (down from twenty). I've only just now bought and applied mine.

I've never used patches before, so I have no idea just how effective it'll be on me. If they fail to work or I start experiencing weird side effects, I'll probably discontinue them and see a doctor for prescription drugs.

Now drink to the victor, 'cause it'll be me.
For the record, these things itch like mad.
Replace the urge. :)
Good lucky man!
Every time you get the urge throw a cigarette at your eldest brother.
Good luck Tibby, smoking is a horrible habit. I wish the best for you and I hope you get over your addiction.
http://richardwilson.typepad.com/tvgrouting/images/ zwerthers_1.jpg

You can replace smoking completely without a patch, just start sucking on one of these whenever you get the urge. My dad quit years ago and just started eating a couple packs of these a day.
grab some sugar-free mints or something to suck on to replace the habit. lollipops work nicely.
Hats off to you. Here's hoping you successfully kick the habit and keep off the cancer sticks for the rest of your life.
I use to smoke a lot as well. I just stopped smoking altogether for an entire year. Started back up again after that year, quit after a week of it. Now I'm going on half a year without any urges...

You can do it, it's all about trying to replace the urge with something to do. I guess it also helps if your gf forcibly gets involved. ;)
My dad tried to quit but my mother who smokes as well wasn't helping him out by smoking around him and soon enough, he failed miserably and smokes 5-10 packs a day.
But you do have something to lose o.o
Moneh for the stuff you buy to stop!
You'll save more money quitting in time. If you need to buy stuff to quit smoking, it's no different than buying another pack or 2 of cigarettes.
Neblim wrote:
You'll save more money quitting in time. If you need to buy stuff to quit smoking, it's no different than buying another pack or <s>2</s> 3 of cigarettes.

Cigarette prices were recently taxed higher by 25% in Australia. Partly a reason for my quitting.

My normal $8.~ local brand is now in the realms of $10.~. Which is simply too much to pay to kill myself.

And patches were on sale, I got them for $31.00. Which is kind of retarded. "Hey! Quit Smoking! And that can help you, you'll charge three times more than the cigarettes!"
Good luck, Tibby.
Replace smoking with masturbation. It's the quitting method that feels good.
I smoked for six years and had my last cigarette on January 1 2008, because that's when the U.S. government hiked taxes on cigarettes. I just stopped cold turkey and I'm the only non-smoker in a family of six.

The nicotene fits only last about seven days, after which time you just have to un-learn the reflex of reaching for more. I'm not tempted to smoke any more ('cause now that I don't, secondhand borders on nauseating me here at home) and the only "side effect" would be that once in a while I dream I'm smoking a cigarette, but it doesn't make me want one.

If you aim on beating someone with patches, do it cold turkey if you're really dedicated to the result. You'll be finished in eight days.
Mikau wrote:
Replace smoking with masturbation. It's the quitting method that feels good.

Masturbate too much and you'll get skin burn and ur weewee will be all sensitive and will hurt when u try 2 touch it. i know this because my little nephew educated me on it.
Day three without one.
Jedioh wrote:
My dad tried to quit but my mother who smokes as well wasn't helping him out by smoking around him and soon enough, he failed miserably and smokes 5-10 packs a day.

Wow, you're funny.
Page: 1 2