ID:95453

Well, I finished my first year of college with a success. Pretty decent GPA, lots of friends, and a larger person(In a good way). I went into college at 258 and ended up coming out at 250.

Everyone always told me to watch out for the freshman 15 and I was careful, until around thanksgiving. I went crazy with my food and got pretty hefty. Finding out my ex-girlfriend cheated on me and ended up dumping her didn't help either. I went from 258-280, ouch that wasn't good at all. Freshman 15? more like freshman 22..haha.

About 2 weeks after i broke up with my ex, i lost about 15 pounds, which put me at 265. At that point I hit a wall with just eating less and decided to start weight lifting. With that, i quickly dropped down to 244, losing 16 pounds in another 3 weeks or so. I was pretty happy, but my shirts really didn't seem to fit much better and I was not satisfied.

I decided to keep weight lifting, but i also started playing sports like basketball, dodgeball, ultimate frisbee, and speedball on a regular basis. I noticed a lot of my stuff then started to fit a LOT better, but I was gaining weight. I jumped back up to 260 in a matter of 2 weeks and was confused. At this point it was right after spring break and I just kept at it.

One week, I lost 8 pounds in water weight magically and I was at 252 right before finals and then managed to drop 2 pounds and I ended my college career at 250. I came in there wearing 3XL shirts, and they were getting tight on me. I come out being able to fit in a L, which was decently tight on me but I could pull it off. My jeans..i was barley able to squeeze into 40's and now they're all really loose on me, so I can probably get into 38's and even 36's.

I have a few pictures to show my progress so far.

Comparison Picture 1
Comparison Picture 2(lol i look miserable

August 09(Right Before College)
September 09
Halloween 09
Christmas 09
February 2010
April 210
May 2010(Wearing one of those 3xl shirts)
May 2010
May 2010

So yeah, I got bigger..but in muscle and I'm fine with that. :P

May 2010

May 2010, These clothes used to be skin tight on me

The reason why you have increased weight is that the muscles is putting mass back on.
Gamemakingdude wrote:
The reason why you have increased weight is that the muscles is putting mass back on.

I know this. I wanted to lose weight and then gain it back in muscle, and that's what I did.
Axerob wrote:
Gamemakingdude wrote:

I know this. I wanted to lose weight and then gain it back in muscle, and that's what I did.

Hmm. You can still go further by eating a lot of protein and red meats. Basically eggs and beef or steaks.
Gamemakingdude wrote:
Axerob wrote:
Gamemakingdude wrote:

Hmm. You can still go further by eating a lot of protein and red meats. Basically eggs and beef or steaks.

I know that. I like eating red meat even though it's not too good for you. Problem is I'm limited to what lifting exercises i can do while I'm home since the only Gym here is 30 bucks a month and is 100% crap, so I have to do with what I have..which is not a whole lot.

Axerob wrote:
Gamemakingdude wrote:
Axerob wrote:
Gamemakingdude wrote:

I know that. I like eating red meat even though it's not too good for you. Problem is I'm limited to what lifting exercises i can do while I'm home since the only Gym here is 30 bucks a month and is 100% crap, so I have to do with what I have..which is not a whole lot.

Hmm. Try looking for more professional gyms around your area. Also, try getting lean meat. They have a lot less fat and a bit healther for you. Grilling them is even healther.
You look fit for some football. High school football really helped me gain the cardio and muscle I never thought I'd have. Of course, once you have it you have to maintain it.
Way to go Rob! Keep it up.

(Don't forget to workout your legs :P)
Pennywise99 wrote:
Way to go Rob! Keep it up.

(Don't forget to workout your legs :P)

Thanks! I know I need to start working out my legs, but I hate doing the exercises, especially since my left knee has problems(Floor Hockey game knocked it out of place and it's been weird ever since). I just took a 4 mile bike ride though(Parts of it were uphill..steep uphill) and it was pretty easy compared to last summer(I only used to do 2 miles and I'd be dead). I would have kept going but the buses started showing up for the school and I'm not gonna be able to bike when they are there.

@Theironx

Everyone always told me I should play football. I wanted to try out but I had a bad case of Asthma until the beginning of my Senior year in highschool when I outgrew it. I'd play in college, but my college only offers sprint football and I have to be under 172 pounds to play. That means i'd have to lose another 80 pounds, which I don't have in me to lose..I'd look very..unhealthy if I did that. My goal is 220-230, which I think I'd look very healthy and athletic(Everyone else seems to think so too...I was playing in the gym and had my own cheerleader squad cheering me on :P..they all think I'm athletic as it is right now lol.)

I can see improvement in your shoulders. u lok like u got taller 2. idk.

I spend 1-2 hours on my bike, though going up hill for me is a pain in the ass. I'm like 136 and this guy who was like 230 went up in the hill faster than I did so I assumed he was on steroids and called him a n0b. He flipped me off. :(

anyway, like IDK 2 pounds I lost today. that's a hella lot.

Man.. Lol, You gained muscle pretty fast in my opinion.

Ive been working out for awhile now, and I am still at about 160 pounds. My muscle strength has increased alot, but my upper body is still weak.

But way to go! I notice a difference from the pictures. My advice..Dont do heavy cardio while weight lifting. That was my mistake >.>
Chidori123 wrote:
Man.. Lol, You gained muscle pretty fast in my opinion.

Ive been working out for awhile now, and I am still at about 160 pounds. My muscle strength has increased alot, but my upper body is still weak.

But way to go! I notice a difference from the pictures. My advice..Dont do heavy cardio while weight lifting. That was my mistake >.>

I'm not going to do heavy cardio, just enough to keep in shape. Plus I have a big frame so it's easier for me to gain muscle.

What college are you attending?
Ant305 wrote:

Mansfield University of Pennsylvania.
U look better with ur beard shaved off no homo.
Axerob wrote:
Ant305 wrote:

Mansfield University of Pennsylvania.

Your college is like 2 miles away from were i live.
I look like a twig next to you lol. Though I always aimed to be of a lean but ripped rather than just big and bulky.I specially work on my abs since is the muscle you use the least ( other than helping with posture) compared to your legs or arms which you are constantly using. I've had a six pack since I was 14-15 I'm 19 now.
MdNight wrote:
I look like a twig next to you lol. Though I always aimed to be of a lean but ripped rather than just big and bulky.I specially work on my abs since is the muscle you use the least ( other than helping with posture) compared to your legs or arms which you are constantly using. I've had a six pack since I was 14-15 I'm 19 now.

Well, I have a big frame to begin with, so lean and ripped is not possible for me, lol. I used to be very chunky and fat, but I changed..as you can see.
please talk with pein to give me my 58.1 levels in naruto: way if the shinobi classic..please answer [email protected]
please pein i need level 350..i lost 58.1 now i need tthem because i reached my cap..please and i wont talk to you anymore
Page: 1 2