ID:95465

Keywords: future, past, present
Alright, so I haven't been all to active around BYOND lately. This entire semester has been pretty busy, I've written a lot of little silly things for my web technologies class, though.

I posted about some of these before but here is a list of the things I wrote for NET422:
Graaaa
Crawlies
Satan's Carromboard (unfinished)

These were all simple little wastes of time that brought some amusement to me (and decent grades).

Another of my classes had me writing UNO, we were given the option of whether or not to use graphics. I think the obvious choice for a card game is to use graphics, though. Who wants to see G5 G7 R0 R9 Y1 SK WI as their hand and play via command prompt? Lame. As such I wrote a pretty decent UNO using C# and the XNA framework and card graphics I paid Tayoko for.

You can download UNO: here

As a side project on my own I also duplicated the move tester poketch application from Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. This was because I don't have all the combinations of effectiveness memorized and the new Pokemon games didn't have this app.

You can download PoketchMT: here

Note: You will have the .NET framework installed to run either of the applications. If you don't have it installed the first application you run will download and install it for you. These WILL install to your computer, so if you don't want to keep them remember to uninstall them. Finally, UNO could use some more features, currently it just lets you play UNO against generic AI.

As other news, Tayoko and I are no longer an active development team. We spent a year or more tossing ideas around but could never buckle down into another project or revert our attention to Efencea. At the end we were working on a isometric tactical turn based RPG but we didn't get too far. It was to use the Avatars we were using, be similar to Final Fantasy Tactics with some of our own ideas, and be themed to fit the Efencea universe. I tired of the rigmarole that was our development process and dissolved the team. Sad, but we were both quite busy anyway. I'd post up what we had but I don't have a copy on this computer.

As a final note, I don't see myself sticking around here to do any development. XNA has so much more potential than BYOND, so I'll more than likely be focusing on projects in C# with XNA.