ID:95639

Keywords: ball, branks, dbz, dragon, game, online, rpg, vcentg, z
The 2010 GSD Entry has been revealed! And while you may not be able to play it today, you CAN watch the teaser. Branks and I messed around today and recorded a bunch of fighting. It's fluid let me tell you. Its based on stats but also skill. Branks was by far weaker in the offensive scale, but his skill with Beam Clashing pwned me senseless..

Here are the videos, 2 Uploaded by Branks 1 by Me:

Character Creation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1EWZNc9wYU

Guild Creation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIUg6dy5z6Y

TEASER TRAILER WATCH THIS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Lvzq86U7hI
Looking good! keep up the good work.
Pmitch wrote:
Looking good! keep up the good work.

Thanks lol, and I just noticed this fits your post on your members page :O I didn't see it til now though. Well, I guess now you know.
Indeed i do. So branks did all the art? Thats pretty cool.
Pfft, no he didn't do all the art lol. I did mostly turfs, such as the sexy buildings that you'll see later D:
The music choice is less than fitting.

But it looks alright.
Finally, someone is releasing a damn DragonBall game that is actually worthy of playing. You think there would be more. The other ones are either not going to be released for a long time, cancelled, changed project, or whatever.

<3
Smoosh wrote:
The music choice is less than fitting.

But it looks alright.

Hmm, I guess, I just happened to like that song and it was nice and fast paced. o.O selfish pick XD
Just wondering how the control layout will be? I see some heavy keyboard usage in Ki-Beam Struggles so is that just it?

I'm working on making Dark Core's combat only rely on Keyboard so there's not much mouse involved. I use:
F = Punch.
D = Kick.
S = Ki Attack (Press for Blast. Hold for Beam).
G = Guard/Dodge. (Hold for Guard. Press for Dodge.)
There's more to it but the only Mouse control is Right-Click items in Inventory for Description. Left-Click is to Interact. And the rest of the clicking is for Interface.

The hub description says "action/role playing game" and in Discuss it's stated that it is Role Playing. So, does this mean we need to get into RPing or is it Role Playing Game like Action/Adventure?
If it's RPing how do we get skills and such?

I like the customization, some of the interface is a bit iffy to me but it looks like it works nicely.

Will there be downloads available for people to host their own server?
Everything in this game is keyboard work. No clicking.
Nice.

I hope to see some good work out of you two. ;)
I think the videos could have been better aimed at a different topic, I really wanted to see the fighting style of the game which is not explained throughout these videos.
Ryan Deux wrote:
I think the videos could have been better aimed at a different topic, I really wanted to see the fighting style of the game which is not explained throughout these videos.

It's not supposed to be. It was just a random teaser.
So what happened to this game anyway, are you still working on it? Or is it just being built solo now?
Pmitch wrote:
So what happened to this game anyway, are you still working on it? Or is it just being built solo now?

I wouldn't worry about it.
Pmitch wrote:

Solo, branks doesn't wanna work on it anymore O,o
VcentG wrote:
Pmitch wrote:

Says the guy who wanted to take a break, and "there is no hurry". Hmmm
Sounds like fun.
VcentG wrote:
Pmitch wrote:

Haha, well good luck with your project.
Branks wrote:
Says the guy who wanted to take a break, and "there is no hurry". Hmmm

There is no hurry, its not due for GSD which means it can be released in June. Taking a break and not wanting to work on the game period are different. I still doz my shiz xD
Page: 1 2 3