ID:96448

Keywords: defend, updates

All out war.

Hey again readers. Todays post will be about Defend, a fast-paced multiplayer action shooter. The newest game mode added is called Mercenary. In mercenary you fight against everybody on the server along with bots, if allowed. There can be up to 40 bots at a time.

Here is a screenshot of me on singleplayer Mercenary, even though I was playing against bots I was biting my tongue trying to win.

Gun range is a feature i've been wanting to add in for a while. This makes it so Rifles can shoot from a distance and Shotguns can't. For exmaple: In most BYOND games you can shoot a machine gun or a shotgun, but they both shoot at the same distance.

I've decided to change this and make gun range a feature in Defend. Shotguns are very powerfull guns and can kill a person in about 2-3 hits, but their bullets only travel a distance of 3 tiles.

Rifles on the other hand kill in about 4-6 hits, but can travel about 8-10 tiles.

This is where the Zooming feature comes in. This feature has been in since Defend was a Zombie Game. Players can zoom their screen in their direction based upon their weapons gun range, so sniping becomes a huge advantage.

Be carefull when zooming though, you cannot move while zooming in which leaves you open for an easy kill.

Be sure to visit the Hub and check out the Website