ID:96529

BYOND Version:468
Operating System:Windows XP Home
Web Browser:Firefox 3.6.3
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
On a few games I play, after certain icons appear on my screen, my game crashes, and it's always the same icon.
I get a message saying something like : Memory "0x09483242" coudn't be read, and then the game crashes (I know that that memory refers to an icon btw..)
I then go to the pager where I click File>Preferences>Games and uncheck the "Use graphics hardware.." option. With that, it allow me to go into the game and see the icons, yet, I move stupidly slow, meaning I can only use this to move myself away from the icon and then re-check that option to play the game.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Everytime such icons appear on my screen as long as the graphic hardware option is checked (note that the game is barely playable otherwise)
In other games?
Yes, it happens in other games, but seeing as I play one game the most, I could spot on this said game the exact icons that made me bug, while on others, I simple bug and can't figure out the icons that buged me.
In other user accounts?
Yes
On other computers?
No, only on this one, when I try playing on laptop, it doesn't bug me

When does the problem NOT occur?
When the graphic hardware option is unchecked

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked?
Not on early versions, but earlyer I woudn't get buged. The bug came out of the blue and never went away.

Workarounds:
Turning Graphic hardware option off
I forgot to add about this time the game froze on me, but I still managed to take a screenshoot of the buged icon (which you can see wasn't the actual icon, but some block things).

The block things were supposed to be flames(dunno if that matters)

http://i46.tinypic.com/bi3z0h.png
I have some follow-up questions:

What video card are you using?

What is your current graphics display mode and resolution?

Are you able to get any crash details from Windows, such as info on which module failed and at what offset?