ID:96605

Me and my friend Cody (YaniYugi10) are working on a game based off Avatar: The Last Airbender.
In need of a Main Pixel Artist, you will receive a percentage of potential profits.
'profits'?
On a fangame?
Murrawhip wrote:
'profits'?
On a fangame?

...as I said, BASED off Avatar, not a fangame...
Hi1 wrote:
Murrawhip wrote:
'profits'?
On a fangame?

...as I said, BASED off Avatar, not a fangame...

smh..
Good luck getting those profits and not getting a C&D.

Hi1

Email

Teen programmer & hacker.
Yash 69 wrote:
Hi1

Email

Teen programmer & hacker.

Better watch out, Yash. This guy will hack you. He's a teen programmer, you know?
DivineTraveller wrote:

Clever wording was clever. In other words, it will be based on the four natural elements seen in most of the ancient world(water, earth, air, fire). Manipulation of these elements is actually a core component of ancient thought, since these elements were mystical, and were represented by gods, who could be manipulated.

It works the same way that making a zombie survival game can get away with making profit without having The Umbrella Corporation* pull out a C&D letter. Since there's no copyright infringement, there's no premise for a C&D.

* I'm aware that the company that owns the rights to Resident Evil is not the Umbrella Corporation.
fucking trolls.
Disturbed Puppy wrote:
DivineTraveller wrote:

Clever wording was clever. In other words, it will be based on the four natural elements seen in most of the ancient world(water, earth, air, fire). Manipulation of these elements is actually a core component of ancient thought, since these elements were mystical, and were represented by gods, who could be manipulated.

It works the same way that making a zombie survival game can get away with making profit without having The Umbrella Corporation* pull out a C&D letter. Since there's no copyright infringement, there's no premise for a C&D.

* I'm aware that the company that owns the rights to Resident Evil is not the Umbrella Corporation.

Thank you.
On that note, you will have to be careful about how you word everything, and how you lay the game out. Viacom(parent site of Nickelodeon, copyright holders) can get you on many things, not just using the name avatar. IE: Identical/similar world layout, City/character names, using "Avatar" in any way that could convey their definition of 'Avatar,' calling it "element bending," or having the same/similar storyline.

If you need any help preventing copyright infringement, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Disturbed Puppy wrote:
On that note, you will have to be careful about how you word everything, and how you lay the game out. Viacom(parent site of Nickelodeon, copyright holders) can get you on many things, not just using the name avatar. IE: Identical/similar world layout, City/character names, using "Avatar" in any way that could convey their definition of 'Avatar,' calling it "element bending," or having the same/similar storyline.

If you need any help preventing copyright infringement, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Will do, thanks for the help.