ID:96864

Keywords: byond, computer, health
With little solid news in Tech Tree this week, I was struggling to figure out what I'd put in today's Gamasutra version. The answer appears to be nothing.

I've been having occasional stomach pains over the past few months. (I'm assuming it's my stomach anyway.) It doesn't appear to matter what or when I eat. Today's wasn't as sharp as the first two, but it lasted most of the day and kept me from sleeping. Hopefully I can get checked out at some point.

Meanwhile, my computer wouldn't turn on. Everything else in the surge protector would. Switching outlets didn't seem to help. I'm not sure if someone in the house pressed the button by accident, but the entire surge protector was eventually turned off. I recently turned it back on and the computer booted up fine. The power program doesn't appear to be reporting any problems, but I don't know if the computer had to be running or if it can just ask for a log through the USB connection.

Thank you again to DarkCampainger and Tiberath. Knowing I had a bit of money for computer issues tucked away probably helped remove stress that would have made my stomach pain worse. (I figured you wouldn't mind if it went for a monitor specifically as long as it kept me working on BYOND... Actually, is a doctor's appointment okay?)
Kick ass, I didn't know you wrote for Gamasutra.

Sorry to hear about the stomach pains (you should get that looked at just in case it's something serious) and computer issues (to take a shot in the dark, sounds like the computer power supply to me).

I'd probably be prone to give you a kickback if I weren't an unemployed recent graduate basement dweller. ;P
To be clear, I don't write for Gamasutra! I merely own a member blog. Any registered user can write one. I have no clue how many people actually read them if they're not featured or written by their expert team.
Well, surely there's some prestige in taking the effort to register! ;)
Well, if sleep is that important to you, I guess I can live with it ;)

Hope it's nothing serious! I've got my fingers crossed for ya. (Health and computer woes!)