ID:97156

Hey guys, we are all trying to make a great game here on this website.

I have run a mudd rp since 2004. But its about time I update, don't you think. I have the full idea in my head. But I would like participants who would like to lend their skill in helping me with this.

I will need people who know the code around here and some sprite artists.

Each person will get credited within the game. I'll be having a staffing page available. this staffing page will help a lot should you want to have a job in the gaming field. And I would definitely write you up a great referral letter for any job regarding your participation in this game for whatever job you need it for.

Please note that I will not just accept anyone as help. If you want to be the sprite artist I'll need to see some of your work. Just let me know or email me at [email protected]
I lul'd at:

-The title: "Looking for Game Makeers"
-Para. 3: "people who know the code around here"
-Join date; five days ago

Trolling aside.

I recommend you learn how to program; even the basics, and get a foundation started. You will never get skilled programmers and graphical designers if you don't show some progress started so they know that they aren't being made to do all the work themselves.

EDIT: Sorry, accidentally hit 'Save' before I was done typing.

How good of a reference could you be as a previous employer, when you can't even type correctly? I sure would hope you would proof read your referral letters better than you did this post.
I'm all for advise and input, but mockery is another story.

Fortunately I have people on my role playing staff with better manners then the two who have just posted. Two of them being avid C++ writers as well as myself; and 1 being an artist.

And yes, I do write better when I'm serious and have passed two college classes with A's. I did so well my professor told me if I ever needed a referral just ask. He loves my writing, and my open mind. I was also nominated for speech in Washington DC.

All I'm looking for here is anyone who wants to have fun and sharpen their skills with me :)

The fact that your experience would be posted is a good enough referral for anyone to look at as well as my word, even if it's a phone call.

I do apologize for not being a grammar natzi 24/7 and acknowledging that everyone has their bad days.

How unfortunate Kumorii, that you are not welcoming of anyone who is new here. tsk, tsk.

I'm not asking for anyone to join if they don't want to, being as that none of you know me. I'm just opening up the opportunity.

Your foul comments are not welcomed.
Yes, that was posted twice, each in reply. Just in case a member gets a note of response. I will be deleting one in about two days.

Might I stress that I'm not looking for anyone who has a habit of blabbering because they think their cool. I have always hosted a friendly environment. Further "laughing" and mockery will be ignored and deleted.
Kris_Sempai wrote:
Yes, that was posted twice, each in reply. Just in case a member gets a note of response.

Everybody who is subscribed to a comment thread gets a notification on a new post. Replying to a blog automatically subscribes (as default behaviour). Just to explain this for further incidents of that sort.

Kris_Sempai wrote:
I have the full idea in my head.

This is not meant negative in any form or way, but it won't work out well, unless you're the literal exception to the rule.
Creating a solid and detailed design document and functional specification not only forces you to carefully think through your ideas, but it also allows others to easily understand and know your full intentions. Not to mention that is showcases you determination on the project (an important benefit on a community where projects rise and fall on a daily base).

Given your experience in writing, I'd certainly love to read through your documentation, should you decide to publish it.

As for the language, I doubt you'd struggle if you are experienced in C++.
Both languages feature nearly the same set of object-oriented paradigm. Which means that you'd only have to get used to a slightly different syntax and some differences between an interpreted and machine code.

Btw. I like your page layout, but the yellow text on the ochre background is tricky to read.

I wish you all the best and a great success *smiles encouragingly*
Thanks for the post Schnitzelnagler.

And honestly I would have given up already and moved somewhere else if it wasn't for your help on the help forums. After all if you cant even get the Byond perks to work, then it wouldn't be useful.

I do have 4 years of my plans on documentation. But the full version will probably take years of updating. I have wonderful members at my website where I host a mudd rp which will be the basis and plot of this new digital world.

I am aware that just because I can create an idea on paper that my game will probably be limited to certain resources and I will have work my way around them. However this will just be the start of my blueprint and we'll see how it goes in the future.

I hope that you will stop by time to time to see the progress and continue putting further input when you feel it would be necessary.

Thank you :)

BTW, I agree with the orange links, I'll change them soon, as well as the white colored text.
I'll be sure to check by every now and then as I'm curious on the project and hope to see it prosper. The trouble of hosting your dream project is really a sore point for a lot of people and most unfortunately nothing that could be resolved easy with BYOND's limited resources. That's why I'm glad that we have people like Airjoe who offers a marvellous service (hosting your games on a dedicated server for a very cheep fee).
Reply to your comment on my blog:

I have been with BYOND for just over five years. I've gone through several keys. Ask around.