ID:97374

Resolved
Applies to:Website

This issue has been resolved.
"We want to allow free expression of ideas on BYOND Member sites; in particular we want the BYOND Member pages themselves to reflect the personality and interests of the Member. However, in cases where the BYOND staff determines that images or content on a BYOND Member site are detrimental to the interests of BYOND, the BYOND Staff may choose to filter or remove the images or content, such as from search results, site summaries, or the BYOND forums." - BYOND's Terms of Service

I'm all for this. I believe BYOND should be able to control its image. The front page is advertising. It belongs to the BYOND staff. No member has the right to overrule it.

However, others believe having their blog posts publicized is something they paid for when they bought their membership. I suggest a compromise.

• Maintain moderation on the front page. This provides a sanitized environment by the staff's standards.
  • Add a link from that page to view the unfiltered list of blog posts. Those who disagree strongly enough with moderation can ignore it with one click and enter at their own risk.
  • Optional: Only display the link to those who are logged in. This prevents new visitors from being swayed away by flames/spam.
  • Optional: Display the yeas and nays on the unfiltered page so the community feels it has more input.