ID:97448

Not a bug
BYOND Version:470
Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Web Browser:Firefox 3.6.3
Applies to:Dream Maker

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

This never used to happen, and just started happening recently. You know how when you compile, and everything turns out A-OK. Then you go write a piece of code and try to run the game. Dream Maker will alert you with the following message; 'One or more project files is newer than the executable. Compile now?'.

Well recently, every time I compile and try to run the game, dream maker has been asking me that every single time! It is seriously driving me crazy, and is leading me to believe maybe my source is not completely up-to-date with the executable. The SECOND after I manually compile, I hit ctrl-r to run the game. This alert pops up. I've deleted my .dmb, my .rsc and all those strange and mysterious files with extensions such as .int, .lk, and .rsc.lk

What is going on?

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:
The moment after I compile I do not expect it to ask me if I wish to re-compile when I haven't even edited anything within the dream maker.

Actual Results:
Read above,

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Every time
In other games?
In other user accounts?
On other computers?

When does the problem NOT occur?

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Sure it did, it also didn't occur in this version, up until a few days ago when nothing has changed about my byond version

Workarounds:

Is your system clock set correctly?
http://www.byond.com/developer/forum/?id=690581
As Falacy notes, the system clock being off is the most common cause of this issue. The other one is when files are transferred from machines on different time zones.