1. I loved that the duels were automatic--no subtracting points manually, etc. I loved the tournaments and social aspect of the game.
2.I loved having themes, like duelist kingdom and collecting starchips, or like battle city, things like that.
3. What kept me playing was the fluidity of the duels. They were quick and were simple to do, no hard thinking about doing things manually.
4.What drove me away was the lack of updates. Yes, I'm an older yugioh fan and enjoy the simplicity of the older and first series, but I also wish to keep with the times and incorporate new cards into my deck.
5. I'd rather just start with all the cards like usual; that way no one is at a disadvantage.
6. I would prefer the walking to stay as is, I enjoyed walking to duel stations.
7.Character customization is highly important to me. Having your own avatar makes the game that much better.
8.I would keep ALL cards in the game with enforced restrictions, of course.
9.I wouldn't change anything with the cards, just use the official rules.
10. I would add player progression by adding ranks or different houses like in yugioh GX, but maybe not so much based on skill, but rather as more of a competitive thing.
Ohh I also loved how monster cards had their own avatars when you summoned them; it made gameplay that much better...I'm from when this game originally came out many years AGO and wish to return this game to what it was back then and still can be, the best of byond! :)
I loved the automated system, didnt have to spend time doing things yourselves. buying and selling cards etc to improve your deck is more like dme opposed to dmo. the huge problem with dme was ppl multilogged. played other ppl who multilogged and mains always won and got alot of $ and bought the best cards. i know cause ive done it. that'll ruin the game completely so my advice is dont implement that at all. i agree with having 1 tournament floor is for 1 style of dueling style. theres 4 floors so rated, shadow, tag/tag shadow, deck master. or whatever you wanna do. having dks every week wouldnt be fun because they'd get boring after a few and then ppl wouldnt get so enthusiastic about joining them. once every like 2 months wouldnt be bad or once every 3 months. as for removing shadow realm and deck master island i dont agree with because that designates what type of duel they want. and theres no questions. unlocking heads/bodies etc was a little fun and should remain so ppl can look unique. as for the ban list option for each duel i dont agree with there are a few cards that instinctively should be banned from dmo anyways like delinquent duo, forceful sentry, and confiscation most ppl run these cards and base there deck around hand advantage which ends up creating basically a tomato deck. which as you've seen 99% of dmo uses. the method for finding duels is actually pretty simple. it says who they are and where they're dueling. and the chat is perfect the way it is. and also. keep that group option so friends and clans and shit can talk to each other as a group without having others read. i wont emphasize the necessity of adding more cards because im sure your adding some already and i know it takes alot of coding to add a single card. which i appreciate all the hard work your doing for dmo and the years you've spent on it. as for the moderator system, having the same ppl all the time is annoying especially when they ban ppl for no reason and ive seen it happen often. you dont agree with something they say. bam your banned for a month. the ban/boot and the shut down server options should be left strictly up to yourself and lufia. so rage quitters dont ruin it for rest of server. all mods really need are to make sure tournaments run smoothly. and keep the peace. but banning ppl without reason is nonsense. anyways for shadow realm 2dmoc was ridiculous, i used to play shadow alot divines were over powered but easy to beat. stein was ridiculous having a duel won 1st turn on like 70% of your duels is out right dumb, i ran a stein deck and a divine deck. stein was by far more overpowered then any god could be. i dont really know what you can do to fix that. other then banning stein. but if you need any help i know almost everything about stein decks and god/divine decks. also 1 last thing before i go. deck masters, several of them their effects dont do what they're supposed to. gemini elf is best example. pay 1000 lps to SS a monster from your deck with the same name as 1 you control on your side of the field. the SS monsters attack because the current attack of the monster already on the field. but it doesnt always do that. for a monster such as command knight. whose attack while on field is 1600. the monster thats special summoned should start off at 1600. and with there effects they should each gain 800. so the 1st should have 1200 +400x2 which is 2000. the 2nd 1 should start with 1600 + 400x2 making it 2400. and the 3rd special summoned should be 2400 + 400x3 which is 3600. just 1 example. hope i helped even a little. thanks for the hard work kajika and best of luck with dmo. take care
i say bring buy/win cards etc that way everyone would be different instead of everyone basically using the same combination in their decks

What did/didn't you like about it?

I loved the communities you got, the freedom of making yoru decks out of any card to really see how good a duelist you were and challenging another. Just having an automated system rather than a manual saved so much hastle.

What features did you like or not like?

I liked having any card open to you, the two vs two system was brilliant, with several bugs but still amazing. The only thing I didn't like so much were shadow duels.

What would you do differently?

Honestly, just ditch the shadow games and maybe tweak the tournaments. Perhaos even add in a clan ratign system, so that by winning you raised the overcall clan score.

What kept you playing or drove you away?
Just the wel ldesigned system, I may have taken breaks but I always came back, it's fun an addictive.

Would you rather collect/buy/win cards?
No, this is one of the reasons I liked DMO so much, it wasn't about who'd gotten lucky or saved up for ages for a card, it was all about who was the better duelist and built the best deck.

Would you prefer a lobby system instead of walking around or both?

I'm not too fussed, I like the current system, maybe both?

If you were trying to remake DMO, what kind of ideas and systems would you implement?

I'm mostly covered the few things I'd add, other than more cards (which I'm sure every one has said, though it's a lot of work) there's little I'd try to add.

Did the official Yu-Gi-Oh! Online have any neat things you liked? Such as duelist levels and your own room?

Not really... personally I preferred playing DMO

Would character customization be important to you?

Yes! if you could customize rather than just parts you unlocked that would be amazing.

Imagine you could re-shape the entire game, what would it look like?

A very similar game with moderate alterations.

Would you not add "Shadow Cards" or the Gods/Dragons?

No... I think the game was muc hbetter without them, I avoided shadow games like the plague.

Would you abandon a global chat and separate the game into lobbies/areas/rooms more like a chat game?

I'd say perhaps both, have a chat tab for your lobby/ play area, and a global.

Would you leave out some of the "broken" or "staple" cards(adding in weaker replacements?)?

No, I'd keep them, every one uses them so it's nothign too bad, I think leave it how the cards are in real life and stick with the traditional format.

Would you change some card rulings to make them more interesting or usable? Examples: Removing Harpy Lady limitations, reducing DMG's level and other weird things?

Not at all, leave them how the actual cards are I say!

Would you use the lobby to quickly find duelists over entering tournaments? Did you only enter tournaments to find opponents?

I only entered a few tournaments, they were always shadow when I played, I loved the tag team ones.

What ways would you add player progression, or enhance the community? Groups? Group housing? Community tournaments? Monthly challenges or competitions? Host a bi-monthly large tournament like the DK?
How would you pull all this together?

I'm not quite sure how I'd pull it together bud I liked al lof this, maybe have winnign the tournaments giving you a rating or unlocking thigns to put in a house or so.

Other ideas, thoughts, opinions?

I'd just like to say thanks for all the hard work, I love this game, I'm dying to play it, I'm sure when you release it that it will rock. Is there no way you could leave the old version up for people like me untill the new one is finished? Hehe, I hate not having it around, I check daily.
What did/didn't you like about it?

I like the duels, and how there are different uniqgue decks, although I hate how everyone uses the same cards.

What features did you like or not like?

I like the tag system, although I hated the Shadow duels.

What kept you playing or drove you away?

Making different decks, although how other bragged in duels.

What would you do differently?

Nothing.

Would you rather collect/buy/win cards?

This could actually help. Having to stop people from using the same cards.
So I would buy and collect. Or trade.

Would you prefer a lobby system instead of walking around or both?

Both.

If you were trying to remake DMO, what kind of ideas and systems would you implement?

None.

Faithful-spider wrote:
I would say DO NOT move on to 5D's, i seriously hate that. Motorbikes?? I can understand GX I liked the series but please do not move onto 5ds it would ruin it.

TOTALLY AGREE!
they aint gonna go to 5d's it would take way longer to make graphics for that etc
First of all, I'd just like to say that what you've done with the Byond system is above and beyond what most people would be able to set out to do. And in my opinion in current state you have a better game and system than even the official Yu-gi-oh franchise for online systems.

What did/didn't you like about it/What features did you like or not like:

As I'm sure everyone has stated before, the automation system that you have added is the core to the system and is the key to putting you far beyond every other similar game on Byond that has tried to weakly follow in your shadow.

Among other features I love most the tag team system as it really allows you to test yourself in an arena which is abnormal and takes a bit more than the usual skill to pull off a good game.

Another thing that I love about the game is the dive in deep system, allowing you to get into fully competitive play from the start.

And finally I always liked the unlock system where you had to challenge yourself in the basement to unlock certain items. Was always fun and frustrating to pull off the combo's needed and building the decks to do it.

What would you do differently:

Personally I don't like the Shadow games as it adds some huge over-balanced issues, though. I don't believe removing a system like that would be the key, but instead perhaps in a way make a reason for people to make touranments that aren't Shadow based to give other players a chance to proove themselfs.

What kept you playing or drove you away:

Personally nothing drove me away from the game bar my own attention span, the game its self is perfect and very addiciting to competitive gameplay. Personally I wish I could be playing right now but progress and improvements can be seen as a key.

Would you rather collect/buy/win cards:

I understand from a game development perspective that this may be a good idea to have a level of 'addictiveness' into the game or a reason to keep people working towards a goal, but in all honesty your game already has an air of addictiveness without having to collect buy or win cards.

I think it would be a mistkae to implement a system like this as I believe one of the reasons that the DMO servers are nearly 'always' full is due to the competitive nature that people can simply come in, set up their deck and duel. I always remember one of my favourite times was losing a duel and having to work out what changes I could make to the deck to structure it better, also having such a system would put the already veteren people way above and beyond any of the new players that would enter. Leaving the difficulty gap quite intimidating and may actually lose members.

Would you prefer a lobby system instead of walking around or both:

I personally like the feel of walking around, although no where close to the seasons settings (Obviously the earlier one) you gain a sense of immersion and I like walking around being able to see if any duels are fascinating, rather than just clicking to go into a game which would in my opinion have a very boring feel.

If you were trying to remake DMO, what kind of ideas and systems would you implement:

DK was a fantastic system that I don't know why was removed, other than that the system its self is preety solid and I'd not change anything at all in the long run.

Did the official Yu-Gi-Oh! Online have any neat things you liked? Such as duelist levels and your own room:

I personally believe you have created a better online system than the Yu-Gi-Oh online system. Any system such as your own rooms just wouldn't be worth the development time of using swap maps in comparison to spending it working on other systems in the game.

Would character customization be important to you:

I think Character customization above the current unlocks would be quite nice, but not really a drasticly needed system. If I had to choose between DMO being re-released early or being held back a month for character customization, I'd choose the early release.

Imagine you could re-shape the entire game, what would it look like:

Personally from a development point of view I would strucutre and release the game preety much exactly the same as it is now, I believe you made a perfect system and should stick to it.

Would you not add "Shadow Cards" or the Gods/Dragons:

I personally think the "Shadow Cards" are overpowered and draw away the main purpose of the game, when I played I was disapointed at the ammount of shadow tournaments that were being held, outmatching my normal styled decks which in most cases stood no chances at all.

Would you abandon a global chat and separate the game into lobbies/areas/rooms more like a chat game:

I think Global Chat is a needed thing in any game on Byond, mostly for the general immersion and community feel that you have going on, there could always be an option to turn the general chat off if people find it annoying.

Would you leave out some of the "broken" or "staple" cards(adding in weaker replacements?):

I don't see any reason to, at the end of the day they work in the real card game and they're available to everyone else. The only issue with the staple cards would be if you implemented a system where you had to buy and earn cards, then you would see an imbalance in dueling mechanics.

Would you change some card rulings to make them more interesting or usable? Examples: Removing Harpy Lady limitations, reducing DMG's level and other weird things:

I think sticking to the original standards is the best way to do it, from a game development standing changing the rules of a card game made to balance would cause a tedious ammount of time to try and re-balance the entire game. And you'd soon end up with nearly every card changed to balance the one that you originally changed.

Would you use the lobby to quickly find duelists over entering tournaments? Did you only enter tournaments to find opponents:

I entered tournaments for the air of the challenge and to test my deck and myself (Although I often lost. ;D), I think the find duel system in the game works fine as it is, displaying your co-ords to where you currently are waiting for a duel.

What ways would you add player progression, or enhance the community? Groups? Group housing? Community tournaments? Monthly challenges or competitions? Host a bi-monthly large tournament like the DK?
How would you pull all this together:

As I said before, adding a DK would be one of the best things you could re-instate into DMO, it was extreme fun and really felt immersive, player rankings would also be a good idea, but to acomodate this I would suggest having a ranked or un-ranked game mode that can be selected before the duel starts.

Other ideas, thoughts, opinions:

I think you're doing a fantastic job, one of the best I've seen on Byond its self and personally I think your system is perfect how it is. The only thoughts I have to end is the sadness I have while not being able to play your game while you develop the new version, I know that you have a way of bringing the server down to develop new systems, but is it possible to have a sub-server(With the player saves) on it as you work on the new version so that we can play in anticipation of your release? I'd really love to be able to play again.

I think you're doing a great job and hope that the development goes well

-
Keiron.
i think you should put up a little voting option on the things that you might put into the game getting ppl to vote might be alot easier for everyone then just add up the total and then you know how many ppl wants what
People are too picky, and the ones who are not strategically inclined will always have a complaint about certain things that don't fit their narrow perspective of very few things.
**TO THE PEOPLE**
-Stop complaining and getting mad about the way Yugioh used to be played, all the time. The newer sets of yugioh !!SUCK!!, and that's an understatement.
DMO didn't need to change, you guys just needed to change your strategy and quit whining. DMO ROCKED, now I'm bored because now that I've played dmo, nothing else compares, and is truly just a big bore!!!
**TO KAJIKA**
-BRING BACK DMO WITH DUELIST ISLAND!!!
DMO was **THE BEST** online game I played, why is it gone?

-The version of DMO that had Duelist Island, in my opinion, was the best. Having rank makes it even more worth playing.
-The entire layout of the game was awesome, playing with all of the older cards is excellent. I love limited play with my favorite yugioh cards, where there's no newer cards that come in and "dumb them down."
-I think that everything was stable in the version that had Breaker the Magical Warrior for normal decks.
-I miss playing the tournaments because that's where I was able to find my competition group(s).
-Winning games allowed bragging rights, like in RL, and winning tournies earned you the respect for you to brag, like BrokenSouI back in the day.
-Honestly it was the few other players that became my friends, and even my rivals, are what kept me loving this game, not to mention it was Yugioh Online...for FREE! (with the exceptions of donations.)
!!BRING BACK THE OLDSCHOOL DMO KAJIKA!!
Dis-likes:
-Tag-dueling: people shouldn't be able to target their teammate with cards like Magic Drain, and Painful Choice, it's rediculous...specially in shadow play.
-When I played there was a bug, by setting a non-quickplay magic spell and being able to activate it during your combat phase.
-Buying/Trading cards would suck. I want to come in and be ready for competitive play, I'd hate to play against a Monster Reborn without my own...STAPLES ARE A MUST!
this game was great how it was but if ur updateing it to make it better plzzzzzz keep 5ds out i beg of u 5Ds ruind yu gi oh gx is ok but 5ds no no. now u should do something like falacy did 4 his heros united game if ppl whant there rooms/house make an island of houses we can buy with money we get from winning duels. as 4 cards being bought idk it would prove fun to obtain them but if ur behind it would be impossible to earn cards if u can beat ppl so i think we should just have the cards and see whos deack build is better.now 4 chat rooms it will make lags go away regardless of cpu or connection but i dont think it will be as fun as being able to see everything around you.DMO ROCKS!!!!!
well if your behind make bots for ppl to play against for money
why are people talking about playing bots for money?
add the ability to change your name that would be pretty nice if you can please
please whatever you do kajika. dont make $ involved in this game. dont play to buy cards sell cards etc. that'll ruin dmo having the cards already is the best.
can you plz give us an esimated date for when DMO will be up and running agin. thank you
I would want you to add rankings, it would make the game more interesting.
The game is fantastic well devloped and the best dmo game there is Kajika. I apprecicate you giving me the opportunity to speak of what improvements and other things needed in the game..The game is already in good just need more cardes and ranking again because that allows players to have something to compete for. Make it where others can make there own servers because 1 just don't get it.Then host a DK touney atleast once a month. Thank You..
I know this is kind of late, sorry I just saw it.

1. I liked just about everything, although I think DK and/or DI or maybe both she be brought back. I think large areas such as the 10-zone room, DM Island, multi-opponent room, theres a room which I don't recall the name but it's like a free for all with 4 people, and tag-DM should be either removed or made smaller since its not that popular. I did like the unlock system where you battled in the basement, but that of course could be removed for space. The best feature of DMO is the automatic system hands down.

2. Features: Mostly everything is good. I think the most obvious ones have been pointed out already.

3. What kept me playing was how fun the community and the game itself. However the longer it took to update, or maybe because of the update, the community itself became smaller, in my opinion and became less fun. Maybe bringing back some of the old features will start to restore it.

4. The collecting/buying/winning cards can either be good or bad. It depends how its set up. Will the cards be collected after winning tournaments? Duels? If so, would'nt players with more experience already have an unfair advantage? Or will there be some kind of restrictions? Something to think about.

5. Lobby system or walking around? I don't think it really matters. Either one works fine.

6. If I were to remake DMO..this might sound crazy but i think it would be something different and alot of fun. What if we could earn money..and purchase things? Such as housing, decorations, clothing, vehicles, just something that came to mind. Rankings re-added defintely. Maybe even clan/group rankings aswell.

7. Character customization is not important.

8. I like how DMO looks now.

9. Keep Shadow Cards and Divine cards.. I got my name from one ;P

10. NO! Keep global chat!

11. The broken and staple cards are apart of DMO maybe more limits should be placed but definitely keep them.

12. Keep card rulings the same.

13. Keep tournaments how they are.

14. Groups, group housing, monthy challenges/competitions, bi-monthly tournaments, they all sound good. Pulling it all together? Maybe bringing back the forum would make things easier.

Kajika, Lufia, DarkView, and anyone else who contributed to creating DMO, I'd just like to thank you for creating the best game ever. I'm happy to know that everyone's working on getting DMO back and running.
Page: 1 2 3