ID:97558

We have recently been working on the new version of DMO and we are looking for your input.

We'd like to gather your feedback, ideas and opinions about past and present versions. Ideally politely, briefly and honestly.
Please do not engage in negative comments with others, it's fine to disagree but keep it constructive.

Feel free to speak in general, address specific things or just answer some of the questions below. There's no specific format.

Please exclude moderator complaints, "add more cards!!", no bugs and queries about the server.

What did/didn't you like about it?

What features did you like or not like?

What would you do differently?

What kept you playing or drove you away?

Would you rather collect/buy/win cards?

Would you prefer a lobby system instead of walking around or both?

If you were trying to remake DMO, what kind of ideas and systems would you implement?

Did the official Yu-Gi-Oh! Online have any neat things you liked? Such as duelist levels and your own room?

Would character customization be important to you?

Imagine you could re-shape the entire game, what would it look like?

Would you not add "Shadow Cards" or the Gods/Dragons?

Would you abandon a global chat and separate the game into lobbies/areas/rooms more like a chat game?

Would you leave out some of the "broken" or "staple" cards(adding in weaker replacements?)?

Would you change some card rulings to make them more interesting or usable? Examples: Removing Harpy Lady limitations, reducing DMG's level and other weird things?

Would you use the lobby to quickly find duelists over entering tournaments? Did you only enter tournaments to find opponents?

What ways would you add player progression, or enhance the community? Groups? Group housing? Community tournaments? Monthly challenges or competitions? Host a bi-monthly large tournament like the DK?
How would you pull all this together?

Other ideas, thoughts, opinions?

Be sure to give details and ideas where possible.
Your game is on wikipedia
-Better/Updated Graphics would be nice. -Better mods (lol get it?).
-Shadow Realm "removed" and add a "shadow cards allowed?" option or something to all tables.
-Remove gametypes people don't play.
-a hang out spot! :D
-"Importing icons"?
-"Snow Land" ;)
-Competitive spin IE> Win Daily tournament = point. Points accumulate to something bigger. Prize or entry into monthly/annual tournament?
-Siberian Huskies.
-As for Lobby system, it's confusing. Therefore, you should write a new help manual. And make it visible. Super Visible.
-If lobby is implemented does that mean teleport function is removed?
-Would Lobby eliminate use of world chat like calling for matches?
-A "save ban list" duel setting. Example would be a duelist goes to options and selects "banlistoption" and types in cards to have banned from a match on a duel table. duelistA waits for a duel and duelistB would be challenged. it would pretty much work like tournaments bannings except in a normal duel.
-Get rid of submitting tournaments and tournament masters. Either:
*Have a random vote system. example being: Given four options, normal, shadow, pyramid and DM. players vote (ONLY ON TOURNAMENT FLOOR) and majority wins.
*have a floor/whatever it is for each type.
-Trains. That we can ride. :)
-Deck Editor occupies the player screen instead of info box so better selection and what not.
-I want my own room. And motorcycles ;)
-Duel Disks would save alot of room.
-Kaiba's Prototype Duel Disk game option thing in Duelist Kingdom might be fun.
-Replace "medals" and "head,body" stuff with just more icons.
-No "earning" cards and what not.
-Have A,B,C,D and S level duelists based on TOURNAMENT WINS. Actual tournament wins and not just match wins.
-Save files were annoying.
-Have GlaDos as an AI helper instead of Tea.
1. I Liked the automated systems and stuff what I didn't like is that you guys are staying in the Yu gi oh figure you should have some GX and 5d's stuff, you should also add pixels to most if not all the monster cards

2. I liked automated system and I liked all the systems and I think the tutorial should explain much more, it does not explain enough.

3. I would add maybe more character to play as and more decks to choose from and duel riding

4. The Automated system made me keep playing

5. Either buy or win like buy from a shop or people start out with a deck of 200 and fight other people to get more cards if they lose they lose the cards they put up for bid and if they win they get a card/s that were put up for bid.

6. I would keep it the way it is and update it and add new features like duel riding and stuff along the way.

7. Not exactly sure what you mean but heck both

8. Haven't played it yet but a house system would be pretty cool you could sell that at a price this would be cool for RP Players and would drag a lot of RP into your game 80% of BYOND players are RPers

9. YES THIS WOULD BE AMAZING IF YOU DID THIS IF YOU COULD DO THIS I WILL BET MORE PLAYER WILL COME AND MORE PLAYERS WILL STAY THIS WOULD BE AMAZING IT WOULD FEEL LIKE THE GAME IS LIKE A ADVANCED RPG

10. It would have pixels for each of the monsters and the motorcycle thing.

11. I would but I would make it so it really hard to get the shadow cards maybe you have to do a mission and what not and only one person can have it at a time the first person to do this mission would get this card he can keep it for a week if he isn't on for 3 days then someone else could do the mission to get it like that, it would be pretty neat.

12. Depends Kinda i have to say yes but I am a little no with this to.

13. No I would not.

14. Yes I would change it because then if you take out some of these limations it might not take so long to add these cards effect and stuff and then you can add cards faster, sorry I know you said not to talk about cards but its not fully about cards it about making it simpler on you I just used cards as an example

15. Yes and No I just like tournaments they are really found to do and stuff

16. I would make NPCs you can duel but I think it might be a bit hard to do So I don't know. I would make like a guild sort of system and two vs two dueling and guild dueling like one whole guild vs one whole guild and I would host a tourney every week or bi weekly and have like rewards like new cards and stuff like that

No other ideas I included them in the questions you asked.
Sorry for the super post.
Aeris Gainsborough wrote:

You edited it to make it long as big as mine but mines still bigger maahahahahha but nice ideas can't believe I didn't think of banning cards and daily tournments for points nice ideas.
Ryuk25 wrote:
Aeris Gainsborough wrote:

You edited it to make it long as big as mine but mines still bigger maahahahahha but nice ideas can't believe I didn't think of banning cards and daily tournments for points nice ideas.
Thanks. More ideas would be...

-remove the limited/what ever options about restrictions you had earlier. Not alot of people use them if at all.
-If you are requesting a duel from a lobby it'd be hard. So it should basically just be like matchmaking from almost every online game out there right?
-everyone should start out from lobby when they login to server.
-A guild option is controversial. If anything, a guild should be run by (ninja) AI's. A house in each district (if the game permits it) and players reach X level rank (if implemented). Request to join. Wins for clans/guilds are not recorded by "wars". Wars are dumb. Wins are recorded by wins in REGULAR duels (exclusion of tournament and tag duels)
-Megaman Jumps for all. Dash Jumps for me.
-Siberian Huskies.
-If possible, DK style dueling. Like environment gives advantage. May produce"campers". Therefore, if advantage were to be in place, lobby duel matchmaking thing should be random.
-Lobby should be a nice background of something (the ocean, it calms people down). Then, clickable buttons will be clicked and it'll set up like match making. No maps/icons needed.
-Duel Quests built off of Guild system. Therefore, it'd be based of of PvP. Example being defeat X Ranked Duelist. (this one is a bit outrageous)
-A statue to me.
-More monster icons.
-the ability to sit down.
-A story to DMO. Everyone enjoys a bit of a backstory.
Some more
-Update the duel tables... maybe?
-lobby players only get say option! ;)
-predetermined banlist for normal duels? (in previous post mentioned)
-maybe change up banlist if possible? Monthly or weekly
-Make Shade a playable character.
-keep the private/party chat.
-Finish the friends list...
-Make the text bigger...Maybe it's just me but I usually can't read the duel info text. :(
-fix the stretched images on cards from old version (I assume thats fixed)
-Dueling schools ;P
-Make the cards bigger.
-Make grass/water not look like carpet.
~Unlike DMG or DME I played DMO and stayed because of the automated system, yes I'm lazy.
~I liked the old-school style of playing with the stages and whatnot
~I didn't like that there was so limited deck combinations and pretty much everyone on the 2nd floor had the same decks with 2/3 different cards
~Buying/winning cards sure, why not I guess, I'm fine with it, but it might give regular players advantage over more casual players, but it would make those casuals play more in order to get better cards
~It's not like I'm going to duel people in my own room
~Character customizations would be great, then I wouldn't be next to 5 other Bakuras
~The DMO look is quite nostalgic after you've played awhile, rather not have it changed
~Shadow cards should be left for the Shadow realm
~Global chat should be left as it is, and if you want to talk to a group of others just make a group chat
~I liked the star system from back in the day, it was nice to have stars above my head
~There should be a clan/guild system since it plays a major role in the game where players get to do a clan war against other clans on Fridays and Saturdays where they get to sign up 3v3 - 6v6
~And maybe people could have their clan name above their icon
~I always forget to make it to the DK tournaments it'd be nice were it weekly on Sundays
~Winning a DK tournament would give them some kind of special privilege/prize?
~Maybe have 1 32 man tournament per day to satisfy the players competitive apetite, or Aeris's idea sounds good
-CelestialRomance- wrote:
~Buying/winning cards sure, why not I guess, I'm fine with it, but it might give regular players advantage over more casual players, but it would make those casuals play more in order to get better cards

Newer/Casual Players maybe discouraged by the idea.

~I'd rather not have the game reshaped, I like the DMO look, it's somehow nostalgic after you played for awhile

Everything should be spray painted pink.

~I think Global chat should be left as it is, and if you want to talk to a group of others just make a group chat
-Some factors come into play, like

spamming WC to look for a duel in Lobby Mode etc etc.

~I think there should be a clan/guild system since it plays a major role in the game where players get to do a clan war against other clans on Fridays and Saturdays where they get to sign up 3v3 - 6v6

is it player based? I think its bad news bears if it is.

~And maybe people could have their clan name above their icon

Inappropriate names run wild?

~I always forget to make it to the DK tournaments it'd be nice were it weekly on Sundays

Lots of lag maybe?

Winning a DK tournament would give them some kind of special privilege/prize?

Siberian Huskies

"What would you do differently?"

Add better effects. For example, Blue Eyes White Dragon's attack wouldn't make a sword fly towards its target, but rather something that looked like its attack from the anime.
"Duel Monsters Online - A was free pixelated version of the Yu-Gi-oh! Online Duel Evolution hosted as a BYOND game."

Haha..
Yammen wrote:
"Duel Monsters Online - A was free pixelated version of the Yu-Gi-oh! Online Duel Evolution hosted as a BYOND game."

Haha..

Whoever wrote that is referring that its a rip of an RPG and Duel Evolution was a 3D Game and this game Pixellated, Duel evolution is gone do it got a rename to Yu gi oh Duel Accelration
Bobbyawesome wrote:
Yammen wrote:

Haha..

Whoever wrote that is referring that its a rip of an RPG and Duel Evolution was a 3D Game and this game Pixellated, Duel evolution is gone do it got a rename to Yu gi oh Duel Accelration

If I'm not mistaken, DMO was around before that game.. They have some balls to call it a version of that crap game, oh well.
Yammen wrote:
Bobbyawesome wrote:
Yammen wrote:

Haha..

If I'm not mistaken, DMO was around before that game.. They have some balls to call it a version of that crap game, oh well.

DMO is older then Yu Gi Oh Online Duel Evolution but not then Yu gi oh online
Yu gi oh online duel evolution and Yu gi oh Online are the same thing but the owners of the game Koonami rename it every major Update when it was realesed it was Yu gi oh Online then major update to Yu gi oh Duel Evolution another major update happend and turned it into Duel Accelration.

What did/didn't you like about it? I didn’t like how basically every deck that everyone on that was on the second floor were so identical that even if u switched decks with ur opponent u would still be able to do the same combos.

What features did you like or not like? I liked how it was automated and not manual and making a deck was so simple. I didn’t like how not every card of a collection wasn’t added like the elemental heroes and the d heroes weren’t completed and still aren’t and I didn’t like how some cards were left out will cards that people would never put in there decks are there.

What would you do differently? I would add all the cards to a collection and add more cards that players would use like card of sanctity.

What kept you playing or drove you away? In general I liked the game just didn’t like that there wasn’t any variety in cards.

Would you rather collect/buy/win cards? I would rather buy cards because by buying cards it’s an easier system because if we add winning cards people will constantly log and some people dc so they shouldn’t have to lose their cards because of their connection. For a buying system I would have it so that when you log in once per every 24 hours you gain a certain amount of money and if you win a tourney you get money. Also if you win like 2 duels in a row you get a certain amount.

Would you prefer a lobby system instead of walking around or both? I would rather have it that it was a walk around system because lobby system seems boring.

If you were trying to remake DMO, what kind of ideas and systems would you implement? I would implant a system similar to my buying system for my cards and a ranking system so players feel like their playing for something.

Did the official Yu-Gi-Oh! Online have any neat things you liked? Such as duelist levels and your own room? I guess having your own room where all your cards are stashed and trophies wouldn’t be bad and of course duelist levels would also be nice.

Would character customization be important to you? It’s not important to me but some players would like to be able to customize their characters more so they weren’t so identical to other players.

Imagine you could re-shape the entire game, what would it look like? It would look similar to the way it is now just with arenas for duel riders, special section for syncro cards and Duelist Island would work.

Would you not add "Shadow Cards" or the Gods/Dragons? I would leave them in the shadow realm so they don’t disturb the duelist with normal cards.

Would you abandon a global chat and separate the game into lobbies/areas/rooms more like a chat game? I would keep the global chat and have players have the ability to create their own group chats with each other.

Would you leave out some of the "broken" or "staple" cards (adding in weaker replacements?)? No I think it pretty much evens each other out but I would like to see a limit on some staple cards that already don’t have a limit.

Would you change some card rulings to make them more interesting or usable? Examples: Removing Harpy Lady limitations, reducing DMG's level and other weird things? Nope I think the game is interesting enough as it is.

Would you use the lobby to quickly find duelists over entering tournaments? Did you only enter tournaments to find opponents? No I entered tournaments just for the fun of having a random opponent and for wining it because it felt better then normal dueling.

What ways would you add player progression, or enhance the community? Groups? Group housing? Community tournaments? Monthly challenges or competitions? Host a bi-monthly large tournament like the DK? I would make a clan system in which you make a clan and then join and face other clans and if the other clan wins they pick one members from the clan they defeated into their own if they want to because disband wars have limited the game to 1 or 2 clans and with this clans will survive longer and there should also be a record of the wins and losses for each clan.
i liked the automated system and the relatively unique and fun decks able to be made and when oyu guys had it ranked tournaments and duelist island were fun and just playing i guess?

i would not want to collect/buy/win cards that would be unfair to people with bad cards that are starting out when others have good cards

Walking around is fine it is easy to teleport to different locations for duel types preferably that way

I would bring back duelist island or ranked tournaments. I would bring back player hosting once it is over with maybe better graphics?

I never played the official Yugioh online.Character customization would not be a big deal to me

IDK it would have better graphics an entire ranking system a clan system with separate clan rankings? A stable server possibly more cards but not too much more because i feel what makes DMO best is it doesnt have all the cards its different from others it doesnt have synchros it gives you a new experience in a way.

I would add shadow cards and keep the Gods and Divine Dragons it creates a fun experience to the game but i would keep it strictly shadow speaking for the others that probly wont post here i know a ton of people loved shadow although putting dark magician of chaos at 2 got a little annoying

No i would keep global chat so people can all enjoy in conversation just less toleration for the rudeness and immaturity of some of the members of the community that instigate fights and verbally harass other players.

Being able to use pot of greed and graceful charity and what not is just part of dmo that makes it dmo it really wouldnt be as fun if they were left out in my opnion although i would put limits on cards like cyber dragon and reckless greed back to 1 and limiter removal maybe with the other draw power reckless greed is rather ridiculus and cyber dragon at 3 is relatively cheap due to its ss and 2100 attack killing monsters such as roulette barrel and gk spy along with limiter at 3 for an easy kill. I would keep the cards that make dmo dmo but certain cards that unstabilizie it like dark magiciain of chaos at 2 should be put back at 1 there shoudl be a center of balance with the cards rather then easy rush

No that would be somewhat silly cards are fine the way they read if there way off balance i feel it would unbalance the game in a sense.

I would use the lobby to find tournaments mainly but i do duel duelist as well half the time so it really depends i liked having the 2nd floor separate from the 1st and go to tournaments when wanted

I would add in a ranking system such as bringing duelist island back or whatever it may be that can be held by the players and possibly if able since you and Lufia arent on all the time maybe a moderator 2 able to host weekly or bi-weekly tournaments with separate rankings with the automated system however they would be able to be much larger? as large as seemingly needed? Monthly possibly isnt bad too the problem with a bi-monthly thing such as DK is that not everyones able to get on at that time personally i know a qualified for a dk or 2 but i never had the time to enter one =/ so in a way its kinda dissapointing when it happens so rarely
You guys REALLY need a hub icon for it. When we put it in the anime guild, it was easily recognizeable, it makes the frontpage look bad...and doesn't really grab the attention of players.

*Also, added dungeon dice monsters to the anime guild.
IcewarriorX wrote:
You guys REALLY need a hub icon for it. When we put it in the anime guild, it was easily recognizeable, it makes the frontpage look bad...and doesn't really grab the attention of players.

*Also, added dungeon dice monsters to the anime guild.

I vote for a siberian Husky.
1-I like everything on it,actually it was the only thing I came on this wedsite for.

2-I realy like the tournament feature,even though I havn't won a tournament yet it was fun to particapate.

3-I would put a special card tournement up.There would be a tournament to win a special card that only the winner and no one else on the game could get.It would happen once every week.

4-Well I realy liked watching Yugioh, and I never played it before in real life so this was the best place on the internet I could find to play.

5-I'd rather win ultra-rare cards in tournaments and collect the cards that are already in place on the game.

6-Walk around.

7-Actually i would remake it on a new website made by me because it keeps going offline to frequently on this website.

8-I really liked having my own room.

9-I liked changing to different characters in the show.

10-I can't think of anyhting.

11-Yes I would add them.

12-No.

13-No.

14-No doing that would make the game to easy.

15-Yes I would do it but I just like entering the tournaments because they were fun.

16-I would do something like DK.The first 8 duelist to win 3 duels and go to one of the tournament rooms will duel in a quarter finals with 4 duels, then a semi-finals with 2 duels, then the final 2 duelists left will duel,and then they will duel you or the person who won the last tournament.If the challenger wins they will get to pick two restricted cards that they can use in any duel, only the winner can get. And plus their ranking goes up by five
Page: 1 2 3