ID:97585

Keywords: health
I thought I was doing well, but I suffered from more pain and vomiting this morning. I risked taking some aspirin so I could get some sleep and got some ibuprofen for later. I'm a bit better now, but I can still feel pressure even if it's not quite pain.

I really hope the doctor got the right diagnosis.

A time table would be nice as well. I have no idea how long I'm supposed to baby my guts. There are some lifestyle changes to my diet that I'm fine with, but I'm sick of hearing people blame something random I ate. Pancreatitis is generally associated with drug and alcohol problems that I just don't have or gallstones that the doctor didn't find. The cause is unknown in roughly 10-15% of people and the doctor said flat out that I'm one of them. =(
It sounds a lot like what I go through with my colon issues. Early morning vomiting is pretty common for me, and the pain never really stops.
My brother suffers from IBS, ended up getting his gull bladder out over it and still hasn't completely recovered. Like him, you might be looking at a permanent diet adjustment...

However, it seems my brother's learned to live with it well enough, he's pieced together a picture of the kinds the things that set him off and has learned the best over-the-counter remedies for problem situations.

(Count yourself lucky in this regard: on top of his IBS, my brother suffers from severe emetophobia.)