ID:97643

BYOND Version:470
Operating System:Windows Vista Business
Web Browser:Chrome 5.0.375.86
Applies to:Dream Maker

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Select a new object type to place by clicking the an entry in object type tree
2. Click any particular variant in the pane to the right of the type tree. Beep sounds.
3. Place a few of this variant of an object, noting that it should work normally.
4. Select a different variant from the right pane. beep sounds
5. Go to place this variant

Expected Results:
Newly selected variant is placed

Actual Results:
Originally-selected variant remains the one being placed, despite the second one showing as selected

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Sporadically, more often after longer periods of map development work
In other games? N/A
In other user accounts? Not Checked
On other computers? Yes

When does the problem NOT occur?
When alt-selecting an object already in the map or picking a new object from the type tree

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked?:
The problem has been around for a while

Workarounds:
Keep trying until it finally places the correct object

Now, I probably have the name wrong, but by the variant selector I mean the panel directly to the right of the object type tree / file tree panel.
Can you be more specific? You mentioned selecting an instance in the numbered steps, but there are multiple ways to select an instance and you said some of them work, so there isn't complete information.

Based on the information as I understand it, I tried to reproduce this bug and couldn't. A demo project displaying the issue would be a big help.
If you still have the demo project from the icon bug I reported, the issue appears there.

I'll clarify the inital report
I deleted that source because it was massive and doing me no good. You could always resend it, although DM has trouble managing that source as well so I can only hope it won't cause problems in the debugger like the compiled version does.