ID:97733

Poll: Does the game described below tickle your fancy?

Yes 38% (13)
No 5% (2)
Badgers!? 55% (19)

Login to vote.

Pulled directly from an Efencea key blog posted earlier this year:
Code Name: Action Avatar Town Defense
I had a moment of inspiration that begat this project. Here is my synopsis:

"Players are gods who give their blessing to a fledgling village on the outskirts of the territory of man. However, a god must not exert themselves in the realm of man, lest they expend their immortality, and thereby must choose an avatar to carry out the majority of their benison. Upon the exaltation of their chosen avatar, a god may bestow hallowed gifts, be they raw power or manifested holy objects. Even still, evil is afoot and has no love for man and their gods..."

Players would start the game viewing a tiny village, or possibly the construction of a town hall. The town would have a random assortment of AI villagers that ran around carrying out mundane tasks, fetching food, running errands, building, cooking, cleaning, and everything else that is involved in running a town. The players, being gods, are the protectors of the town, and choose an avatar. The avatar would be any villager the player wanted. So, I might choose a miner bless his pick-axe with all my available godly power and then play as him in the defense of the town with his uber blessed pickaxe. Random events would determine the fate of the village and the game would run until the village was destroyed. One game the village might have a slime problem, slimes keep pouring out of the sewer and must be fought back to whence they came. Another might see the town grow to a decent size only to be wrecked by a ferocious dragon. I had ideas as to the random construction of shops by NPCs with the required talents, caravans of goods coming and going from the town, among other things.

Expounding on the above, most of each round would be randomly generated. That is, the terrain, the town, and the townsfolk would be generated each round, then as time progresses the events and enemies that befall the town would be as well. Players, as gods, would slowly progress in power allowing them to enact more powerful and numerous benisons. When a player's avatar dies they earn back a portion of their initial power to spend on another townsperson. Once everyone in the town is dead the round ends, scores are determined and stored and a new town is generated and the whole process repeats itself. The duration of any given round would be based on the difficulty setting of the game, the skill of the players, and luck of the draw. I wouldn't mind terribly, very rarely, randomly plopping a dragon onto an unsuspecting village >:(). Also, as I no longer carry the benefit of having Tayoko as a team mate, I'll be doing everything alone unless others are interested. Either way, I'm going for simplistic original Efencea style graphics.

tl;dr: Play a god. Bless a townsperson. Fight bad stuff/help build a town. Round based randomly generated town defense game. Not an RTS, but an RPG. Want to play?
Basically Omnipotence by WildBlood?
No, his game was an RTS, this will be more of an action RPG.
I guess it's badgers.
Well then, sounds interesting. Yeah has got my vote.
Vermolius wrote:
I guess it's badgers.

This. Go Wisconsin.

Demaris Lewis wrote:
I'm a Lame Ass...

What?

Definitely badgers.
It appears as though Yes is dominating Badgers.

Badgers comeback?
Haha, badgers have made a comeback.