ID:977937

I need some C&C for the art I made. Took me about 10 minutes. Tell me what you would change? I know the water looks a bit plain. I also provided the skin palette that I used.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
It's painful to look at!
Could, you at least tell me whats wrong about it? I don't see how that comment would help... Please just post C&C
Looks like you gave no effort.
Explain how. Like I said that isn't helping!
It's rather plain. Needs more detail.
The fire is very "patterned" it seems like you created a pattern then "cut out" the basic shape you wanted from that pattern.

It needs more detail and diversity.

The shape of the body could also be improved a bit as well.

The feet seem to be "out" a little too far to the sides, and the arms are rounded, no elbows.

on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being painful to look at I give it a 4. A few minor changes and some time spent could easily bump it to a 6 or 7
In response to Dariuc
Dariuc wrote:
It's rather plain. Needs more detail.
The fire is very "patterned" it seems like you created a pattern then "cut out" the basic shape you wanted from that pattern.

It needs more detail and diversity.

The shape of the body could also be improved a bit as well.

The feet seem to be "out" a little too far to the sides, and the arms are rounded, no elbows.

on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being painful to look at I give it a 4. A few minor changes and some time spent could easily bump it to a 6 or 7

This is exactly what I needed thanks so much ^_^ And I didnt notice the elbow thing should work on that. As for the fire that actually what I did, I'll try to take away the pattern effect.
Edit: Also what needs more detail?
The fire and water.
In response to Dariuc
Dariuc wrote:
The fire and water.

For the water, I used light colors so the detail doesn't show but I'll try to fix it.
their minds are exploding at the same time!!
or maybe they are holding one big flaming balloon. I don't know whats going on
Yut Put wrote:
Just to clarify, are they all male?...

You'd have to check the other side o: Please post C&C
In response to Suicide Shifter
Suicide Shifter wrote:
their minds are exploding at the same time!!
or maybe they are holding one big flaming balloon. I don't know whats going on

Lmfaoo I can see that happening, I'll change the arm position.
I actually really like the potential of this. It's different, very indie. Keep this up but add variety, show more of what you can do with it.

I reckon you could do a nice game with these, I'd just say you should take the black outline off the players.

In response to Red Hall Dev
Red Hall Dev wrote:
I actually really like the potential of this. It's different, very indie. Keep this up but add variety, show more of what you can do with it.

I reckon you could do a nice game with these, I'd just say you should take the black outline off the players.

You're not that bright, huh?
The piece as a whole isn't very good.....The mob needs a lot of work the arms need tweaking so do the feet,shading seems off on my screen and the black outline is hideous..

The fireball just needs to be redone completely...

Water.....well just looks like a blue blob.The edge where grass meets water needs to be detailed little more.

The grass has some decent artistic touch to it probably the only thing about the whole piece that does.

Quick edit.

Outline isn't better due to the grass no contrast....but easy fix.fixed the shading on mob and got rid of the water....made quick water tile It doesn't connect correctly since it was quick but you can see....doesn't completely burn the eyes.
Constructive criticism : definition thereof

Main Entry:     constructive criticism
Part of Speech: n
Definition: criticism or advice that is useful and
intended to help or improve something,
often with an offer of possible solutions

It doesn't mean insult or demean. It means offer helpful advice so that he can improve it. Aside from that , I said just about everything you just said, three posts ago, and I was alot nicer about it.
In response to Vrocaan
Vrocaan wrote:
Red Hall Dev wrote:

You're not that bright, huh?

Actually it's more about foresight :) Let me explain.

The reason I credit this is that it reminds me of a game called Twinsen's Odyssey, an independent French game that very popular back in the 90's.

It was an interesting puzzle/adventure game about a guy on an alien planet in an alien universe. It keeps on getting weirder and the entire game is one big mind-feck.

Needless to say it's pretty fun, and the distorted long faced, almost ghostly characters made it original and unique.

Underneath this person's graphics I see very interesting opportunities arising and I encourage them to follow where this art takes them & I only hope the game is interesting as the style.

So sorry it doesn't look like Gogeta or Majin-Steriods but there's a lot more to graphics I think than maybe you realize.

In response to Red Hall Dev
That game looks good. The graphics are unique. His just look like effortless shit.
In response to Vrocaan
Agreed on effortless. It would be nice to see four directions and some animation but I think if they put time into it it could be good. Here's a little example I put together:

I think clothing and hair make a big difference. Then imagine that in four directions. Could be quite nice. Oh and I know the color shading is weird, just 2 minute example.

Vrocaan instead of bashing my art give some C&C or just leave.
Page: 1 2