ID:97920

Applies to:Dream Daemon

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
I wrote a small monitor program for dream daemon because some DM code was hitting infinite loops (not a DD bug), and the development team got tired of constantly logging on and restarting the server by killing the process and reopening Dream Daemon.

Now, the monitor program works all right, but because of the infinite loop locking up Dream Daemon's UI (as well as the normally quite user friendly "close to tray" functionality), it has to always just outright kill the process - which, because of how windows works, leaves an orphaned notification icon in the system tray.

The feature I'm requesting is a command-line switch that will cause dream daemon to not create the system tray icon when it runs, so that there is no leftover icon in the system tray in the event the DD process has to be forcefully terminated.
You know that if you hover your mouse over that leftover icon, it will disappear, right?
Hiro the Dragon King wrote:
You know that if you hover your mouse over that leftover icon, it will disappear, right?

How are you supposed to do that on a remote server?
Going through the trouble of logging in every time a server crashes, or even every time you manually restart one, is quite annoying.
What are you even talking about?
What are you even talking about?

Google
Thank you. Your determination to be completely incoherent has taken you leaps and bounds above others. Your charitable donation of a false Google link, that is in fact a picture of Bart Simpson writing on a blackboard, has taken me some arbitrary amount of steps further toward decrypting your last incoherent post.
Hiro: It should really be obvious. The server is a remote server, i.e. one that normally we don't access. However, every once and a while we (where we is the administrative team for this game) have to access the server for unrelated stuff, and seeing a bajillion orphaned icons is annoying and stupid.
Okay, it's a remote server; I got that part. It still doesn't explain his comment:

"Going through the trouble of logging in every time a server crashes, or even every time you manually restart one, is quite annoying."

You have to log in to see the problem in the first place, so what's the trouble?

Anyways, is it really that difficult to log in and go, "Wow, look at all those icons!" and then sweep your mouse over the task bar?
You have to log in to see the problem in the first place, so what's the trouble?

No, you don't, that's the entire point of a remote monitor/manager program.

Anyways, is it really that difficult to log in and go, "Wow, look at all those icons!" and then sweep your mouse over the task bar?

It is when you have about 100, and the connection won't even load, or have to buggishly scroll through them all. Not to mention using the built in Windows RDC doesn't even display the DD (or any other) task bar icons on my systems.