ID:97969

Keywords: steam
Borderlands was mentioned in a previous post as being on sale as part of a package. If you didn't want to buy the package just for the game, here's your opportunity to get it on it's own. It's currently $10.19 USD on Steam for the next 2 hours.

Half Life 2 is also on sale for $3.39 USD. If you haven't played any of the Half Life games, I highly recommend you stop what you're doing right now and play them. If anything to say that you don't live under a rock and have played them. Okay? Yeah go do that now.

The last couple Steam related posts I haven't been mentioning my Steam account or suggesting that you feel free to buy me said games, for the most part because I wasn't interested in the games, or already had them. I already have Half Life 2 and have already played through and beat Borderlands as well as 2 of the 3 DLC. I was planning on purchasing the game legally to give the developers their pay, however when I found out how terrible the multi-player is on it, I decided against it. I'm not saying the multi-player itself is bad, but the medium that you are forced to use is. They have no servers other than a lobby that you use to connect to other users through, and you have to open a hundred ports just to be able to connect. Then half the time it doesn't work anyways because everyone has to have a hundred different ports open even if they're not the one hosting.
I probably should have also mentioned that all of the Borderlands DLC content is on sale too for like half price or something.
This sucks. I bought the game with the package thing, and I actually just wanted the game. Oh, if you come across the prices for the DLC's, could you possibly let me know? I'm feeling rather sluggish at the moment.
$10 Borderlands is ridiculous! I never thought I'd see it drop that low. Also, they patched the ports thing, so you don't have to do that anymore.
To be honest I'm not suprised that Borderlands is going so low. Its a lot easier for download sites, but when you see hard copies struggling to sell for £15 (about $25ish) you know you have a bit of a pit of a game.

I have played Borderlands, and its fun when you just want to shoot at things for a little while, but it pretty much ends there.
Theironx wrote:
This sucks. I bought the game with the package thing, and I actually just wanted the game. Oh, if you come across the prices for the DLC's, could you possibly let me know? I'm feeling rather sluggish at the moment.

All 3 of the DLC's are currently $3.39 each, or $10.17 for all 3. Which isn't a bargain by the way.

3.39 * 3 = 10.17

They just want you to think it is.
Acebloke wrote:
I have played Borderlands, and its fun when you just want to shoot at things for a little while, but it pretty much ends there.

We had a bunch of people in chatters playing together and the multi-player PVP arena is actually pretty fun. But I think most of the fun is at the lower levels for it, since we were all 35+ and could kill each other in 1-2 hits easily.
I also neglected to mention that HL2:E1 and HL2:E2 are both under $3 right now.