PathWrath 2

by ACWraith
PathWrath 2
Card creatures monopolize land. Invade or pay the toll.
ID:97990

In the years of yester, before computers or games came out, we had board games and PathWrath 2 is a board game designed and brought to computer by ACWraith. It isn’t hosted very often (dare I say never?). Once logged into the game, the first thing you see is the help file. It provides thorough information on how to play the game.

It is very simple to play and learn how to play this game because the help file gives the maximum amount of information and explains clearly in steps, the different turns/stages of play. Once the game starts, you are brought to this screen.

(Yours may be different.) Once the player moves they have a choice of doing one of the three things that are offered. Expand: Making your fortress bigger, changing the elevation or moving it. Attacking: Taking over an enemy fortress or simply weakening it and Building: Building a fortress from one of your cards. Each choice has a different menu for each.

The attacking phase involves you selecting a card and support (if you need it), ACWraith has put some tips of when you’re choosing your card such has it dying, surviving or killing the opponent defender/invader. Shown in the screenshot.

Then the game continues until one player gets over 500 resources.

If the gameplay gets too repetive, the host can change the size of the map, the path you take, how many castles are in the map and the best feature of all… Different decks for playing. You can also make your own decks but…. You have to learn XML in order to make your own deck.

Gameplay = 8
Sure, its fun at first, but it does tend to repeat itself because most of the time you’re on the same map using the same decks. Unless the decks are full of joke cards or the host changes the map (extending gameplay) in that case it may be different. Also, you have a deck editor in the options as well, but the problem is that only the host can seem to access it.

Presentation = 8
The interface is very well implemented, everything is simple to follow. The graphics in the game are ok, but the turfs and player icons aren’t very different. The turfs is mostly the same and the player icon is the same icon over again but different colors. This would have got an nine if he used varied graphics, like different turfs such as water, sand, lava or rock even and if the players were different and not by colour.

Originality = 9
Even though its based from the first pathwrath it has a couple of new features, as the card creator, ability for players to start the game without a host and a couple more.

Overall = 8
It’s a fairly good game to play overall, but there’s bonus features if you are a subscriber of Acwraith’s fooldom Come which lets you customize your player (such as decreasing money loss, more cards I believe). It has a simple help file once you logged in to help you, the gameplay is very interesting when you play it for your first couple of times but tends to get boring. Sure, each round is different but its similar in most ways. It would get a 9 if he could have improved Gameplay or the graphics a bit more.

Now this is what I call an expertly done review. No Bias. No noob speak. Nothing it gives grave detail into the game and is well as I have said expertly done. I might actually play cause of this.
Fantasie Productions wrote:
Now this is what I call an expertly done review. No Bias. No noob speak. Nothing it gives grave detail into the game and is well as I have said expertly done. I might actually play cause of this.

Thank you for your kind comment.
Gamemakingdude wrote:
Fantasie Productions wrote:

Thank you for your kind comment.

Thank you for a respectable review. I am downloading the resources now for this game. =D Let's hope!
I wouldn't go so far as to call it *expert*, and I am wondering why this is here instead of the Review guild, or perhaps a guild that could do with a review for it, like BYONDStrategy.
I was supposed to post a review here every Saturday but they changed the staff, so i dunno now.