ID:98068

It's amazing how incompetent one finds themself. Just now, I realized I've been doing something somewhat CPU costly wrong for YEARS..

Enough talk, look at this >.<..

This:
                for(var/turf/t in range(src,1))
if(t.density == 1)
Amount = 1
break
for(var/mob/M in range(src,1))
Amount = 1
break

To this:
                var/list/Range = range(src,1)
for(var/turf/t in Range)
if(t.density == 1)
Amount = 1
break
for(var/mob/M in Range)
Amount = 1
break

Sure, in this example it's only saving one CPU point, but that's a point that counts!
Your ineptitude is showing.
Vermolius wrote:
Your ineptitude is showing.

You shut the hell up!
8D
Vermolius wrote:
8D

:p
XLR8ED wrote:
http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad169/KyoteX/Fagguy.png

It totally looks like toby sucks other guys' dicks and likes to skateboard or something.
Vermolius wrote:
XLR8ED wrote:
http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad169/KyoteX/Fagguy.png

It totally looks like toby sucks other guys' dicks and likes to skateboard or something.

iknorite!?
How fucking dare anyone out there make fun of Ss4Toby after all he has been through! He lost his aunt, he went through a divorce.
He had two fuckin kids.
His wife turned out to be a user, a cheater, and now he's going through a custody battle.
All you people care about is readers and making money off of him!
HE'S A HUMAN! What you don't realize is that Toby is making you all these codes and all you do is write a bunch of crap about him!
He hasn't performed programming on stage in years. His program is called "give me more" for a reason because all you people want is MORE! MORE-MORE, MORE MORE!
LEAVE HIM ALONE! You are lucky he even posted this for you BASTARDS!
LEAVE TOBY ALONE!..Please.
Dev Forum douche bags talked about professionalism and said if Toby was a professional he would've pulled it off no matter what.
Speaking of professionalism, when is it professional to publicly bash someone who is going through a hard time.
Leave Toby Alone Please. !
Leave Ss4Toby alone! right now! I mean it.!
Anyone that has a problem with him you deal with me, because he is not well right now.
LEAVE HIM ALONE!
EnigmaticGallivanter wrote:
How fucking dare anyone out there make fun of Ss4Toby after all he has been through! He lost his aunt, he went through a divorce.
He had two fuckin kids.
His wife turned out to be a user, a cheater, and now he's going through a custody battle.
All you people care about is readers and making money off of him!
HE'S A HUMAN! What you don't realize is that Toby is making you all these codes and all you do is write a bunch of crap about him!
He hasn't performed programming on stage in years. His program is called "give me more" for a reason because all you people want is MORE! MORE-MORE, MORE MORE!
LEAVE HIM ALONE! You are lucky he even posted this for you BASTARDS!
LEAVE TOBY ALONE!..Please.
Dev Forum douche bags talked about professionalism and said if Toby was a professional he would've pulled it off no matter what.
Speaking of professionalism, when is it professional to publicly bash someone who is going through a hard time.
Leave Toby Alone Please. !
Leave Ss4Toby alone! right now! I mean it.!
Anyone that has a problem with him you deal with me, because he is not well right now.
LEAVE HIM ALONE!

LOL owned
1. You're calling two for loops when one should suffice in most cases.

2. You're still using checks such as 'if( density == 1 )'. When are you going to LEARN boy?!

if( locate( /mob ) in Range )
Amount = 1
else
for( var/turf/t in Range )
if( t.density )
Amount = 1
break
In response to your stimulating paper, I have found a truly wonderful method whereby all the forms of atomic construction must give up their numerical secrets and report to me their binary qualities. This margin being too mean for my purpose, the reader must look elsewhere for the New Algorithm of Irregular Density discovered by yours truly.
Metamorphman wrote:
1. You're calling two for loops when one should suffice in most cases.

2. You're still using checks such as 'if( density == 1 )'. When are you going to LEARN boy?!

> if( locate( /mob ) in Range )
> Amount = 1
> else
> for( var/turf/t in Range )
> if( t.density )
> Amount = 1
> break

Woot!!! Thanks =). I'mma apply that change ;).

*edit* And I'm trying =(. Just too lazy to read about this stuff so I've always learned through experience like a moron XD.
You're welcome. Transparent background > white background.
Theironx wrote:

Thank you =). I was gonna do it myself but I had used paintbrush to make the image and didn't feel like adding transparency using BYOND ^-^.

Thanks again :p
Ss4toby wrote:
Theironx wrote:

Thank you =). I was gonna do it myself but I had used paintbrush to make the image and didn't feel like adding transparency using BYOND ^-^.

No problem. Just hate to see images on a background that doesn't match the front page. :P

Theironx wrote:
Ss4toby wrote:
Theironx wrote:

No problem. Just hate to see images on a background that doesn't match the front page. :P

Yeah? Well thanks ^-^. Made it look alot better. Going to bed now! Good night..
Ss4toby wrote:
Theironx wrote:
Ss4toby wrote:
Theironx wrote:

Yeah? Well thanks ^-^. Made it look alot better. Going to bed now! Good night..

Night.