ID:98226

BYOND Version:471
Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Web Browser:
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue may be low priority or very difficult to fix, and has been put on the back burner for the time being.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
big icons dont draw properly when using gl graphics acceleration, though dreammaker works as intended.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
change graphics-hwdriver to gl, create a 32x64 icon and place it on the map. then run the game.

Actual Results:
http://imgur.com/kdsuz.png

Yeah, we haven't really worked to maintain the GL support with the new map changes. It works on the map because DM renders everything in GDI.

Is there a particular reason you are using GL? The only thing I can think is that it might be supported by a unix emulator and DX isn't. In that case, is it a lot speedier than the non-hw (GDI) mode?
I switched to GL a while ago to help someone test something, don't remember what it was anymore. But I had forgotten about it and it took me some time to figure out why the game was broken on one computer and not the other.

Someone who actually uses a virtual machine should provide some benchmarks to see if gl is even worth keeping around. Maybe you could update the profiler to log how long the draw operations actually take?