Well it seems like you have it mostly covered. I think maybe the only thing I could provide is the .dmi for the healthbars for each unit. All I did was attach them as images and then display them accordingly. Do you want that? It's a simple little file but, hey, it's 10 minutes you won't have to spend, right?
Heh, sure =)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25108410/bar.dmi

Here's the link to the file. Anyone else is free to grab it if they'd like. It's just a simple little icon.

As for the RTS library, I'll probably be using it for Dark Sea. I can make it work on my own, the problem is I always make it fairly inefficiently, it'd probably be best to wait for your library to come out, so in the meantime I'll wait on working on DS, but if you need anything, feel free to ask.
Thanks.

I'm not working too actively on the RTS library so you might not want to wait for it. It could be a while.
I don't know if you can do this, but it'd be nice to see an add-on to the dynamic lighting library, which should be "dynamic shadows". Basically what it is is when ever an object is in the range of the light source, it projects the object's shadow.

Here's how it looks:
http://www.youtube.com/ watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RMoQEsNR0F0
He already has a shadow_demo in the library. Do you have your files updated?
Albro1 wrote:
He already has a shadow_demo in the library. Do you have your files updated?

That's not dynamic shadows, though. That's more of static shadows. The feel should be more of what is in that video I posted.
Magnum2k wrote:
That's not dynamic shadows, though.

They're dynamic, they're just not as detailed as the shadows in that video because the effect is tile-based.

If it was static the shadows wouldn't change. It'd be like the shadows under the trees in this screenshot.
Forum_account wrote:
Magnum2k wrote:
That's not dynamic shadows, though.

They're dynamic, they're just not as detailed as the shadows in that video because the effect is tile-based.

They're dynamic? It doesn't seem dynamic to me, it looks more like a static version attempting to be dynamic. I'm pretty sure what is in that video can be done in BYOND, whether or not how the texture is, it's just a matter of manipulating the shadow based on the object's angle.

It's easiest to see if you have a single light source with a large radius. Either turn off the mob's light source and walk near a lamp or increase the mob's light radius and turn off all the lamps.
Bravo1 wrote:
Tick tock goes the clock till River kills The Doctor.

Now I want to re-watch all of the newer Doctor Who seasons =D.
So how's Tiny Heroes coming along?
A. Ness wrote:
So how's Tiny Heroes coming along?

It's coming along nicely, I've just had very little time to work on it. The only big things I have to add are boss fights and maps - 3 or 4 of each. There are also some little details (ex: saving & loading) and some other time-consuming things (ex: graphics).

I'd like to make another post about the game and include some information and a video before posting the game. I have no idea when I'll get the time to do this (or finish up those parts of the game). I've been averaging about two hours of work per week on it.
Hey there, I'm trying to make a system where mobs can move into other mobs as if they were not dense but if they are in another mob then they both are pushed away from each other slowly.

How would I go about doing that? I know I have to make sure can_bump() will allow mobs to pass through each other but what proc would I be able to use to detect if one mob is overlapping another?
Bravo1 wrote:
Hey there, I'm trying to make a system where mobs can move into other mobs as if they were not dense but if they are in another mob then they both are pushed away from each other slowly.

How would I go about doing that? I know I have to make sure can_bump() will allow mobs to pass through each other but what proc would I be able to use to detect if one mob is overlapping another?

You can use the inside() proc to get a list of all atoms inside the mob:

mob
action()
..()
for(var/mob/m in inside())
push_away(src, m)

proc
push_away(mob/a, mob/b)
// call a.move() and b.move() to make them move away from each other
Ahh, I see, I figured I'd be doimg that but I was unsure of whether to use inside or inside4(). Looking back at it I see that isnide4() is just a helper proc for inside().

Thanks!
Well I just tried this out and it works, but it provides a very "bouncy" feel to the game and it's not exactly what I'm looking for.

It's a sidescroller game and I'd like for player to be able to bump along the x axis only. Otherwise players will land on one anothers heads. With that said, if you all onto an opponent you'd fall through them, which would then cause you to be pushed out of their bounding box.

Any suggestions?

Edit: Nevermind, got it working. I made a custom proc that uses inside4() with pheight*2 instead of just pheight for the 4th argument and then I had it call my push_away() proc. Standard collision is on and mobs will bump, but now if a mob falls on top of another mobs head it will be pushed out of the way before it lands.
If you want to make falling mobs move left or right to avoid landing on top of other mobs there's a proc called below(), or bottom(), or something like that.
Bravo: Do you mind if I get a look at that procedure?
Forum Account i dont mean Intrude but if you have Free time Can you code me a Sidescroller i dont need Icons But The Codeing For a Naruto Based Game All i need it like the Movement and Attacks i can Read your Programing Librarys ect but i really Need to Learn to Code so i dont have to Embarres Myself Like this but Please If you can Get Back to me my Email is [email protected]

-Elochai
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 19 20 21