ID:98515

Keywords: ebay, health, ign, playstation
I had another fight with my allegedly acute pancreatitis yesterday. It wasn't extremely painful, but it was enough pressure to keep me from sleeping. I tried to find things to distract myself with while I waited for it to die down. I ended up *gasp* reading a book.

I wanted to sit in bed and play a videogame. However, I didn't want my stomach getting upset by bouts of quick movement or frustrating mission progression. Unfortunately, I'm a bit tired of the turn-based games I have for my consoles. I mean, why play Culdcept when I have PathWrath 2? ;)

I just bought two games off of eBay that I hope will arrive before I have to deal with another attack. The PS2 versions of Monster Lab and Star Trek: Conquest appeared to fit the bill. Wii versions exist, but they don't appear to offer anything I'm interested in. (I normally avoid games with better versions on other systems.)

I might get the PS2 version of Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords as well. IGN seems to think that it's the worst version, but I don't own a television that can take advantage of the features it lacks.

(My blogs seem to paint IGN in a negative light. However, they're actually the review site I read the most. I also listen to their podcasts even if I wish they'd stay on topic more often.)
Just in case anyone's worried, I didn't buy these with my donations. It was with the money I was going to spend buying my own games from The Game Crafter.
Never heard of Monster Lab, and I didn't even know they made Star Trek games. :O
Sorry to hear the pancreatic issues continue. Interesting sounding games, I hope they're entertaining.

As for me, I'm waiting for my copy of Alpha Protocol to show up. Although I hear the game is kinda kludgy, and find the $20 price tag I pad an Amazon seller a little suspicious... I've always been a sucker for FPS/RPG e.g. Deus Ex or Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines.

Between anime and that, I've some formidable obstacles standing between me and getting back to work on development this week.